Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2009 21:00

Windows Crashed- Now it Logs In and Logs off on All User- Even In safe Mode Dimensions 4550

I was running Norton Utilities trying to clean up a virus problem and it locked up. I had to power down the system and start again. Ever since, it boots fine to the users sign in screen but everytime it logs in, barely gets to a desktop and then logs off and saves settings. That's the best it will do. I can start in safe mode but it does the same thing on both administrator and the main user.

I would like to restore the system to yesterday for example but I cannot get to a desktop to do so.

1. Is there a way to use system restore when you can't get to a desktop?

I also wondered about using the recovery console but I am unable to boot to a Windows CD to go though a repair process

2. How can I use the recovery process and go through the repair option if I can't boot to a CD

3. Does going through the bios and shift F11 give you any other options other than a full restore?

I'm really stuck and do not know what to do. I have seen a lot of articles that refer to things that could be done in the registry but I can't get to it

4. How can I access the registry and make changes if necessary if I can't get to a desktop?

Thanks In Advance!

Chuck

No Responses!
No Events found!