Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

July 29th, 2006 04:00

Windows Explorer

I can't seem to open a 2nd or 3rd IE window. Everytime I try to open another one, the current IE window changes back to home page. Is this a settings problem? It was working fine the a few days ago.

250 Posts

July 29th, 2006 12:00

IE6 or IE7?

139 Posts

July 29th, 2006 19:00

IE7

250 Posts

July 29th, 2006 21:00

I no longer use IE7, so I cant check. But it sounds like you need to go into settings and look for an option about new tabs or windows opening to home page.

2 Intern

• 

4.4K Posts

July 30th, 2006 01:00

I have IE 7, and although I usually open in new tab in the currently open window, I just checked and opened several instances without problems. Of course each new instance opens with the home page(s), but the already open windows are not affected, they show the tabs that I opened in them. The last opened one takes focus.

Message Edited by JRosenfeld on 07-30-200603:26 AM

139 Posts

July 30th, 2006 20:00

Its just frustrating that when I go to click on a link the new window opens but the current window closes automatically. For example when I click a link in an email. I'll have to check my settings although I've already gone through them.

2 Intern

• 

4.4K Posts

August 1st, 2006 16:00

I am sorry. The only things I can suggest is that you check your tabbed browser settings, see if you can set them to open in new ab rather than new window when you click a link. Also, I find Ctr+mouse click works.

You could post the issue in the newsgroup for IE 7,

Yopu need a passport or Windows Live login and password to post

Or if you prefer you can use Outlook Express, create a new newsgroup account. The server is msnews.microsoft.com, the newsgroup is microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general. No password or login required to post.

There is also a feed back site where you can look through reported issues, there might be a workaround, or post as a new issue (you need a passport or Live login name and password):

No Events found!