Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2007 19:00

Windows Mail error

I have several emails in my inbox that I cannot delete. When I click on them I get the following message:

Message could not be displayed

Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.

How can I delete them?

12.7K Posts

May 1st, 2007 19:00

Try emtying your deleted items folder first.

1.9K Posts

May 1st, 2007 20:00

Go to the Windows Mail directory, (C:\Users\Gio\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail ) Copy the Inbox folder to the desktop. Then delete ALL the folders/files on the Windows Mail directory. Then put the Inbox folder back to the WinMail directory. Restart the WinMail, you should be able work with no problems on WinMail

1 Message

June 16th, 2007 11:00

I have the same problem and followed the advice but i still have the problem, i still can not remove messages in my inbox and in my removed messages.
Dell can not do anything, Microsoft cant do anything and my mailbox is almost full and messages get bounced now, does anyone know a good solution??????????
I have a Dimension E520 and Vista.
I hope someone can help us/me because there are many problems with this.

1 Message

June 16th, 2007 13:00

I finally just gave up on Windows Mail and got Mozilla Thunderbird. It's a free program and works great. Forget about Windows Mail. It has too many problems and is not worth the time and effort.
No Events found!