Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2007 00:00

Windows Media Center - Should I use it?

Well, I have had my Dell for almost a year, and it is by far my favorite non-living thing the world.  I have an XPS 410 Intel 2 Duo Processor E6600 (2.4 GHz) with a 4MB cache....2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667 MHz...yadda yadda yadda.  The prupose of the post is the Media Center...I have never used it.  Everything in my world is moving so fast, I never sat down to explore it.  I guess my question, simply put, is what the heck is it?  I have a remote and a separate fancy box it came in, but what is the popular opinion on it?  Who loves it?  Who hates it?  What does everyone use it for?  It has a remote and the abiliy to connect to my TV, that excites me.  I was so pumped to hook up my new PC, get on the web, and play my favorite games on this superbly powerful machine and never stopped to smell the media center...any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

November 18th, 2007 02:00

It's pretty much what it says.....a media center.....you can watch TV, record TV, watch DVDs manage musiv and photos.

I use it for watching & recording TV and watching DVDs and quite like it. I have my PC in my bedroom so I can lay back in bed and watch TV & use the remote wooohoooo lol.

A couple things I dont like about it is that if I am using my PC while having the TV screen in small mode I cant turn the volume of just the TV down to say watch a youtube vid. The volume control on media center is like a master for the whole system. So if I wanna hear the youtube I have to stop or pause TV. The other thing is you cant watch one TV station and record another. Have been told you need 2 TV tuners for that.

But overall I like Media Center and will continue to use it unless I find something better.

Cheers
Col
No Events found!