Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

January 6th, 2006 21:00

Windows XP FREEZES up during reinstalling Windows XP

I went to reinstall my Windows XP home edition and during the installation where it comes up to **Windows Setup** you have three options to click on, (ENTER...REPAIR or QUIT). When I went to press ENTER, nothing happen and the same with the other two options. Just CAN NOT click on any of the options. I restart and tried it again, same thing happen. I restarted and press F8 key to go into a safe mode...When the Safe Mode screen open, the screen is all black and in each corner it says Safe Mode. Right now when I just try to open it up without no restore cd, blue screen opens with the words***setup is being restated*** and then goes to a black screen.  I have cleaned my computer out and I have disconnected everything but monitor, keybaord and mouse. I did not download anything before I had this problem or added any new hardware to it. Any suggestions, I open for them to try.

276 Posts

January 6th, 2006 23:00

After you've pressed "Enter" at the setup screen. Does it display any error messages? whats the reason for the reinstall anyway?

4 Posts

January 7th, 2006 00:00

No error message at this point, just once let me continue on with setup.  some of my drives were gone and no sound from my speakers., that is why I am trying to windows xp back in  to factory condition.

276 Posts

January 7th, 2006 01:00

how old is your computer? are you able to do an image restore?

18.8K Posts

January 7th, 2006 01:00

handy57,

Are you using a USB keyboard by any chance?

4 Posts

January 7th, 2006 06:00

No, I am not using a USB for my keyboard.

4 Posts

January 7th, 2006 07:00

It's about a year old and it will not let me access a restore either. I WANTED to do this first but could not do so.
No Events found!