Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2008 14:00

Windows media player for Vista.

Can anyone tell me how I can uninstall the media player in vista? I can't find it in my uninstall programs list. And where I might be able to find a download link to reinstall windows media player 11 for Vista? Microsoft doesn't hav a link to download the media player for vista!!!    Thank You.

2.9K Posts

April 5th, 2008 16:00

You cannot uninstall WMP in Vista. It is an integral part of the OS. Also, there is no separate WMP 11 download for Vista. If you are having problems with WMP, you might try a System Restore or you could try a Repair Install of Vista.

1.1K Posts

April 5th, 2008 16:00

WMP for Vista is part of the OS and can't be uninstalled.

Try looking here for support options:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/windowsvista/troubleshooting.aspx

7.9K Posts

April 6th, 2008 00:00

well, it's not integral if you're in the UK is it?  or is it only the icon that's missing?

2.9K Posts

April 6th, 2008 01:00

"well, it's not integral if you're in the UK is it?" No - you're absolutely correct. I guess many of us are "conditioned" to responding to North American queries. I didn't realize that rustywvwoodman was a UK poster. Please disregard my answer. I suppose that from here on in, we all should ask each and every poster WHERE they live before attempting any responses.

"or is it only the icon that's missing?" - I have no idea what you're talking about ???

Message Edited by Rebel9 on 04-05-2008 10:12 PM

1.1K Posts

April 6th, 2008 02:00

Disregard my post also, it looks to be in better hands.

7.9K Posts

April 6th, 2008 15:00

come on guys, I was just making an MS joke regarding how often they style things as "absolutely integral to the OS."

I have no idea where the OP is from ...     and that's no reason for you all to leave!

2.9K Posts

April 6th, 2008 19:00

No offense taken Nemesis.  :smileyvery-happy:  Your point is very valid however. WMP and IE (and I'm not sure if there are more) are not integral in some parts of the world and we shouldn't simply make the assumption that the OP's are necessarily posting regarding the North American flavour.
No Events found!