Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2008 19:00

Wordfast and Vista

I wasn't sure which forum to send this question to. I hope that a fellow Wordfast user reading this might know what to do.

Wordfast worked fine on my old computer (XP), and initially even on my Dell/Vista/Norton combo, but while I was in hospital and not using the computer, my teenage boys filled it with their own video games and Wordfast just disappeared off radar. Perhaps they removed it by mistake.

I have tried to reinstall it, to no avail. It just will not "stick". I can see the icon in the Add-Ins, and when I click it to open the program, the icon disappears. Every time!

I love using Wordfast when translating because it is such a brilliant program, and it is really frustrating to keep going back to the old computer whenever I have a text that requires Wordfast.

This may be an unrelated problem, but whenever I reboot the computer these days, I get this message: Could not load file or assembly 'MOM.Implementation' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

This has occurred for roughly as long as I have experienced problems with Wordfast. Could the two be related?

Any ideas, anyone?

Kirsti (UKFinn)

• 

16.7K Posts

May 29th, 2008 13:00

UKFinn,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Uninstall the video card drivers and then reinstall them back into the system. The MOM error seems to be associated with video card drivers. Once you have the driver reinstalled then try and install the Wordfast program.

8 Posts

May 29th, 2008 17:00

Thank you, I will try this and report back!

Kirsti (UKFinn)

No Events found!