Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2008 02:00

XPS730 Missing Manuals/Operating CD

Hope someone can point me in the right direction as I seem to be going from pillar to post with customer service! I have an XPS730 which comes with a black zip up case which contains all the user manuals and operating cd's etc. I have misplaced this - my young kids deny all knowledge! - and I would like desperately to get a replacement. I use my computer to run my online business and not having any backup in case of system problems is a huge worry. I am happy to pay for the replacement but no-one at Dell so far seems able to understand what I need! The last thing they sent me was a copy of my invoice!!

If anyone has a contact number/email etc (that would know how to help) I would be very grateful. I am a UK customer.

George

November 20th, 2008 04:00

Hope someone can point me in the right direction as I seem to be going from pillar to post with customer service! I have an XPS730 which comes with a black zip up case which contains all the user manuals and operating cd's etc. I have misplaced this - my young kids deny all knowledge! - and I would like desperately to get a replacement. I use my computer to run my online business and not having any backup in case of system problems is a huge worry. I am happy to pay for the replacement but no-one at Dell so far seems able to understand what I need! The last thing they sent me was a copy of my invoice!!

If anyone has a contact number/email etc (that would know how to help) I would be very grateful. I am a UK customer.

George

you can download the manual/s from Dell's website. All you have to do is do a search for it.

as for the dvds, there are only two dvds that come with a typical xps 730: 1) OS installation DVD and 2) drivers and utilities. there are also two other disks and they are: Roxio Creator and McAfee Antivirus. Both of these are useless.

you will be able to download all the drivers and utitilies from dell's website in no time. Just type in your service tag and site will do the rest. this is only if dell never send you a replacement of the missing dvds.

if dell doesn't send you the dvds, you are so out of luck because the Dell-based windows vista reinstallation dvd can't be downloaded, but here's the deal: you have the right to ask for a back up dvd even if you have the original dvd. i know this for sure, as i have asked for a back up disk and got it. Also, if your OS is 32 bit, you have the right to ask for a 64-bit version of the same OS. I can confirm this 100 percent too because I have asked for windows vista 64 bit through online chat and they sent it to me in three days.

in a nutshell, accidents happen but keep calm. it's nothing to worry about. Just call them up and politely let them know what happened.

Wishing best of luck to your beast!

November 20th, 2008 06:00

Many thanks for the help. I will contact them again and hopefully get some joy. It's pretty much the OS installation I'm mostly concerned with as I haven't had a computer yet that I didn't do a clean install on! I'll download those drivers and stick them on a disk in the meantime just in case. But I'd really like my little black disc and manual case holder back as it went nice with the xps hat and poster that came with my beast!!

No Events found!