Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2005 02:00

Yahoo

I have SBC yahoo and everytime we try and bring up our home page it freezes. It is unresponsive so we end the task and send an error message. This will bring up a Microsoft Crash Analysis page with a link to Yahoo help. Once we click on the link to Yahoo from Microsoft everything is smoothe sailing. We have had this problem for a long time and can't seem to get it fixed. We have also tried Internet Explorer which also freezes. I want my system to work the way it is suppose to. Does anyone have any suggestions? :womansad:

28K Posts

June 26th, 2005 03:00

When you get the message to send the report to Microsoft, click on the link to show details of the error report.  Write down and report here the AppName and ModName involved in the error.  Also, since spyware is the most common cause of Internet Explorer problems these days, have you scanned your system for and removed all spwyare?

Steve

2 Posts

June 27th, 2005 14:00

Okay so here is what the error report contains:

Appname : YBrowser.exe

Appver : 2003.10.22.2

Modname : hungapp

Modver : 0.0.0.0.

offset : 000000000

It also refers to 2 files on my system:

C:\DOCUME~1\JASON\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4800.dir00\YBrowser.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\JASON\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4800.dir00\appcompat.txt

What does all this mean?

28K Posts

June 27th, 2005 15:00

The problem is with the yahoo browser.  Since I am totally unfamiliar with what this does or how this interacts with Internet Explorer, I suggest that you contact SBC-Yahoo technical support as it is their software that is causing the problem.

Steve

No Events found!