Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2008 00:00

Zone Alarm Firewall

I see Vista is not compatible with Zone Alarm. I like ZoneAlarm does anyone have any ideas of what I can do? Especially I like the price! lol

14.4K Posts

May 17th, 2008 01:00

I run COMODO it is also free..

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/index.html

I see you also run Norton AV if you ever want to ditch that go with AVAST again freebie...

http://www.avast.com/

83 Posts

May 17th, 2008 02:00

Zone Alarm and Vista are compatible and have been for over a year. I run it without problems or special settings. What made you think it isn't? Vista has problems but Zone Alram is not one of them.

12.1K Posts

May 17th, 2008 11:00

My simple two cents worth.....

I to had issues with ZA on my Vista 64 bit so me thinks it the 64 bit OS that has a compatability issue.  So what I did was to stay with the Vista default firewall and have been using it only for over a year.  So far, so good.  I also use the nice avaste anti virus software.  Like it a lot.

110 Posts

May 17th, 2008 11:00

When I tried to download it there was a window popped up and said it was not capability with vista? This was on my Dell Inspiron Laptop!

83 Posts

May 17th, 2008 22:00

Sorry, didn't see you were running 64 bit. I have never tried it with that.

100 Posts

May 17th, 2008 23:00

Been runnin ZA free version since I got my 530 with Vista Home Edition. Who told you it's not compatible? There's a version specific for Vista (v7.1)

ZoneAlarm Software System Requirements

Listed below are the complete system requirements, email protocols, and IM clients supported by ZoneAlarm software products.

System Requirements:

Vista (32-bit): ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7.1, ZoneAlarm Antivirus 7.1, and ZoneAlarm 7.1
  • Pentium III 800 MHz or higher
  • Minimum system RAM: 512 MB
  • 50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.
Windows XP/2000 Pro: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite, ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm Antivirus, ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware, and ZoneAlarm
  • Pentium III 450 MHz or higher
  • Minimum system RAM: 128 MB
  • 50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.

83 Posts

May 18th, 2008 02:00

su_A_ve... You are missing what I did at first. He has 64-bit Vista, not 32-bit. I found nothing on the ZA web site to indicate whether 64-bit was OK or not.

12.1K Posts

May 18th, 2008 09:00

64 bit version of my OS will not accept zone alarm.  Perhaps later they will code for it.  Tried two updated version in the last few months, and still a no go.  32 bit should work

501 Posts

May 18th, 2008 10:00

I see you have an old 4100, same as i  but mine is a back-up that still works fine with XP on it.

I see that you have NAV installed.  I would get rid of it as there are other alternatives to Norton and the like Anti Virus utilities and they work fine, oh and they are free.  AVG and Avast would be my choice.

Zone Alarm (free) so far is 32 bit only. Hopefully it will work with 64 bit in the near future. 

110 Posts

May 18th, 2008 20:00

I want thank all of you for the suggestions that you have given me! I will try the firewalls programs that was given, there is free AV scan that a person can get to scan your PC for free does anyone know which one it is? Brickyard what are the AVG & Avast that you mentioned?

49 Posts

May 19th, 2008 12:00

www.avast.com

http://free.grisoft.com/

I have used both and have been happy. AVG had some trouble with Vista using the latest update. I switched to Avast and have had no problems.

501 Posts

May 20th, 2008 22:00

AVG & Avast are both Anti Virus programs (free). Both are good. I use AVG. Just Google them and you will find them. Just make sure you only have one anti virus program installed on your pc at one time.

No Events found!