Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

August 27th, 2007 07:00

bdaecsc - exe file

Hey there.  My wife has an B110 system with XP Home running.  We have several trojan and the such programs for removal.

Here's the Problem....

Se somehow opened a pix that had this attached and was not detected.  After running a system scan the next day (it always runs at boot up) it detected and removed the bdaecsc.exe file.  However, when booting now, a box pops up and sayes it can not find the bdaecsc.exe file and it has not been loaded.

Duh...its a malware that was removed.

My questions is how do I get this from poping up at every boot up.  I can not seem to locate the correct .ini file to remove so it does not come up.

The system is clean and there is no file anyplace that has the bdaecsc.exe .

Please advise as soon as possible as this is becoming a living nightmare, even tho its not creating any harm to the system.

Tahnk you in advance for all the help you can give.

Wolfy

4.4K Posts

August 27th, 2007 08:00

I suggest the malware has not been completely removed and it is time for a HijackThis log to be created and posted.  Go to that forum (several notches below this one) and read the top two FAQ first before creating and posting the log on the HijackThis forum.

7 Posts

August 27th, 2007 09:00

Well I'll give it a try.  All I was really looking for was the file that I could edit for the start up of XP Home so i could remove the link to this exe file.

I know the system is clean, its just that little start up box that keeps poping up stating the file can not be found.

I checked the reg files and there's nothing there, so there's just a link in the start up for something that does not exist that needs to be removed.

Wolfy

4.4K Posts

August 27th, 2007 12:00

Doing a google search of the culprit exe file indicates a malware issue, so not having it on your computer is not a bad thing necessarily.  I believe the pros on the HJ forum can help.  Explain your problem and post your log using the instructions provided.  They have helped me out several times when I have had malware problems on computers with "full protection". Best of luck on this.

7 Posts

August 27th, 2007 13:00

I solved this issue myself.  went in and removed from start up ini file and saved.  Re-booted and BAM it's gone.  Did not have to run all those programs like was suggested. 

Did another check of the system and nothing shows still.  But then to, all I was looking for was the way to clean the correct ini file in boot for this as the malware was already removed, just the Windows Startup ini file still had the link to a exe that does not exist.

I just needed a little push in the correct direction as sometimes when we don't do things for a long time we forget.  I should have know which ini file and remembered it in a conversation with a friend and weren't even discussing the problem.

Wolfy

4.4K Posts

August 27th, 2007 14:00

very-happy smiley
No Events found!