Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2013 10:00

dell inspiron one 2305 stuck on boot screen

Hello when I start my computer it just stays at the booting screen i can't use my keyboard tryed hiting F12, F2 nothing help

July 11th, 2013 23:00

Hi johnwelby,

I request you to follow the steps given below:

1. Shut the system down

2. Disconnect the AC Adapter, remove battery  and make sure no external devices are connected

3. Press and hold power button for 30 seconds, it releases the static on the computer (if any)

4. After a while connect the AC Adapter and battery back

5. Press and hold Fn + Power button to initiate the Diagnostics on your computer so we can check the functionality of your hardware device.

Let us know if this helps.

28 Posts

July 12th, 2013 00:00

Nope

28 Posts

July 12th, 2013 00:00

Nothing happened

July 12th, 2013 01:00

Hi johnwelby,

Thank you for your response,

Please check if your keyboard is functional, if the USB Keyboard dongle connected to the computer please remove and connect it to a known good USB port.

If the Keyboard responds then try the following steps below:

1. Turn on or restart the computer.

2. When the Dell logo appears, press F12 immediately. If you wait too long and the operating system logo appears, continue to wait until you see the Microsoft® Windows® desktop, and then shut down the computer and try again

3. When the boot device list appears, highlight Boot to Utility Partition and press Enter.

4. When the Dell Diagnostics main menu appears, select the Express Test.

5. After the Dell Diagnostics loads and the main menu screen appears, click the button for the option you want.

6. If the diagnostics encounters a problem during a test, a message appears with an error code and a description of the problem. Write down the error code and problem description and follow the instructions on the screen.

7. Close the test screen to return to the main menu screen. To exit Dell Diagnostics and restart the computer, close the main menu screen

Let us know if this helps

28 Posts

July 12th, 2013 08:00

Nothing the keyboard works on the other pc, when I start it up the loading bar starts off in middle and then it just freezes keyboard dosent do any thing

July 15th, 2013 01:00

Hi johnwelby,

Please try and connect an external USB keyboard to your computer and check if the computer is booting up fine without any issues and as suggested previously about running the Diagnostics on your computer in the previous post please let us know the findings.

28 Posts

July 15th, 2013 09:00

Nothing I tried 3 USB keyboards still won't do any thing

July 15th, 2013 16:00

Hello John ,

Have u checked with the different ports on the computer ..

If not please try the USB 2.0 port which doesn't have a blue line in it ..

Thanks for your response John,

While the computer is restarting ( at the dell logo ) do u see the num lock button has a light on it and also try the caps lock on and off and check if its coming on .

28 Posts

Just tried nope still frozen

28 Posts

July 15th, 2013 17:00

Number lock lights up, as when I hit cap locks on and off it says "entering setup..." But nothing happens

July 15th, 2013 18:00

Hi john,

Do you have the operating system disc with you ?

If yes then try to boot using the disc in the computer and press enter if you get any prompt like

" press any key to boot from cd/dvd"

28 Posts

Disk dosent work

28 Posts

Not trying to be mean but i CAN'T do anything.

July 16th, 2013 03:00

Hi johnwelby,

Thank you for your response,

I appreciate that you’ve tried a lot of steps earlier to isolate the problem.

I request you to provide me the Service tag of your computer in a private message so we can check the hardware warranty and order details of your computer.

To send a private message, click on my user name and select start conversation and send your Service tag, Name on the account and Order# of the computer.

No Events found!