Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 14th, 2007 18:00

faxing

Can anyone tell me where i can find the fax machine using window vista?

140 Posts

August 15th, 2007 17:00

Vista Business, and Ultimate include the MS Faxing Service. Home versions do not. If you have Home, check with the manuf of your printer to see if they offer a faxing software.

21 Posts

August 15th, 2007 21:00

If you get a Dell all in one combined printer/scanner you get Dell Fax program. I would imagine other companies will have similar offers.

Peter

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 15th, 2007 21:00

I have an Epson RX700 all in one.  Epson provided Vista drivers but no added fax application. 

There are some 3rd party vendors that have Vista compatible fax software.

197 Posts

August 15th, 2007 22:00

@d-fish wrote:
Vista Business, and Ultimate include the MS Faxing Service. Home versions do not. If you have Home, check with the manuf of your printer to see if they offer a faxing software.

Another reason why I should have not wasted my money on the Home version and gotten the Business version, but of course at the time I did not know that the Home version did not have this. They should just have one version so consumers don't get confused and buy the version that does not have what they need.

1 Message

August 27th, 2007 01:00

I think it's disgusting that they left fax out of even the Vista Home Premium version.  How can such a useful feature be omitted?  When I bought the computer I forked out for a faxmodem just so I could send faxes.
No Events found!