Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2006 19:00

ie repair

Hi, I have a slipstreamed sp2 disk for xp home that I made.I have tried for months to get flash to work in ie with no luck.(works in FireFox).Swf files do play in ie and I do have flash showing as installed but 9 out of ten sites I go to that use flash have a red x that says click to run and it will not work, right clicking says macromedia 9.I have uninstalled reinstalled to no avail. Have done everything on the macromedia site -no luck-remove all flash reinstall-nada. Have checked spybot and flash is not diabled there,disabled popup blockers -no go. I cant tell you how many sites I have gone to for fixes for this and nothing will correct the problem.I went to a screensaver site that uses flash and by accident I discovered that if I turned off the dialup accelerator the site did animate but would not with accelerator on.I thought I was on to something but still no good.Since it does work in FireFox I should just ignore it but I cant.The only thing left to try is a repair of ie. If I do a sfc scan with the slipstream disk will this repair ie or do I need to reinstall windows. Thanks for any help.

1 Rookie

• 

63 Posts

August 28th, 2006 20:00

570 Posts

August 29th, 2006 00:00

Running the System File Checker is one method of repairing IE.
The other method is to reinstall IE.
No Events found!