Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2012 11:00

inspiron one 2320 dell stage freezing up

I just got my computer two days ago. It is a Dell Inspiron one 2320. Last night we opened the sticky notes program on the dell stage and it froze up.I finally got to program closed and the my dell stage would not work at all. I then restarted my computer and it was working again. I tried opening the sticky note program again and the same thing happened. I restarted my computer and just did not open anything on the dell stage. This morning I open up the you paint program and it did the same thing. I did a full diagnostic on the computer and everything came out fine. But my programs that are on the dell stage keep freezing up and then after I close out the program my dell stage does not work. I dont know what to do about it. Any help?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

February 6th, 2012 12:00

You should contact Dell Support for help with a new computer.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 7th, 2012 16:00

maryoneal50,

Since the issues are software related, I moving your thread to the software board to see if the other stage users can assist.

20 Posts

February 7th, 2012 17:00

That is right. The first thing everyone should do is to contact the support team in case some problem occurred.

• 

16.7K Posts

February 8th, 2012 09:00

maryoneal50,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

You can uninstall the DellStage and then reinstall it back into the system to see if that will resolve this issue, You can download DellStage from the link below.

MyDownloads

After downloading the installer, double click on the set up file and follow the on screen instructions to complete installation.

Post installation of the software the icon will be added to the Start
Menu
under the Dell section. If the application is
opened, then it will remain open even if the system is restarted until it is
closed. To close the application, user can right-click on the Task
bar
item and click on close.

4 Posts

October 15th, 2012 19:00

It's probably above your average user's skill or comfort level, but I think I've figured out the issue with my Inspiron One 2305's constant freezing issues... The thermal paste that was applied to the CPU and GPU was applied way too thick. I cleaned the heatsink and CPU/GPU die and properly applied Arctic Silver to both and reassembled. I'm also running mine without the back cover on, it seems to be very poorly ventilated... There is a spot on the main board for a 4-pin fan in addition to the one that cools both the CPU and GPU, I'm going to try rigging up something to keep air flowing over the motherboard...

1 Message

July 16th, 2015 13:00

Did it work for you?

I tried all above. The memory gets too hot. I tried cooling it down with industrial cooling fan with back cover and metal shield removed, no luck.

I did try another DELL 2320 with Intel i3, same result. Both i5 and i3 have built-in GPU only, CPUs reaching 65 degrees Celsius and they both freezing when the RAM used more than 50% (4GB+2GB). I tried replacing RAM in different combinations, no luck. BIOS update wouldn't make a difference. I tried SSD and HDD too.

The PC freezing on both Ubuntu and Windows 7/8 x64 OS. If I open about 10-15 Chrome or FireFox tabs it will freeze for 1-5 minutes completely, loosing network connection, keyboard wouldn't respond. When it unfrozen, if I lucky, I can close a few tabs/applications and save my work. If I continue working it would freeze in 5-10 minutes for 1-5 minutes over and over again.

In my opinion, this model line is malfunctioned and there is no solution to get it fixed.

No Events found!