Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 7th, 2010 01:00

missing Administrator-account on XP Professional

Hey guys!

I got a computer here with a windows xp professional OS and I want to install some softwares. The problem is, that there is just one user on this computer which has no administration rights. So with this user I can't do anything and it's impossible to create a new user with administration right because I haven't got the rights for it.

What can I do ?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

October 11th, 2010 08:00

Is there an Administrator in C:\Documents and Settings\?

• 

16.7K Posts

October 7th, 2010 11:00

ST.Francis,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

See if the information listed in the link below will help you resolve the admin issue.

Log on as an Administrator

October 11th, 2010 04:00

hey Jesse!

It didn't help me : /

It seems like there is no admin account.

October 11th, 2010 23:00

hey!

Yeah. the user name is Sr. Angelika... little bit weird ^^.. but I managed now to log on as an administrator.

thx for the help

1 Message

June 28th, 2013 14:00

hello admin please i need your help asap,

am using dell latitude 4d10.  while having a huge project of typing i decided

to give my  laptop to my sister to help me, but i decided to create another account

so as not to have access to my files in admin account. the following day while working on my pc there was power failure ten my laptop shows the blue screen of death and it shut down. when i put it on the admin account got missing i can only log in with the general account. i dont have permission to edit, nor install, neither can i change anything on my pc settings. this is screwing me out.  pls help me i need to log in with the admin accont. thanks for your assistant.

2K Posts

June 28th, 2013 15:00

Hi sethsunday,

I will be glad to help you. Request you to let me know the system model (is it Latitude d410?) along with the operating system version. I will check and let you know what can be done.

No Events found!