Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2004 02:00

" " has caused an error in IPHLPAPI.DLL

When I try to get into freecell or Solitaire I get the message that Freell has caused an error in IPHLPAPI.DLL.  Freecell will now close.  When I hit the close button, the freecell game comes up and I can play it.

However, when this happens with Solitaire - the game comes up in a strange format and is unplayable. 

Does anyone know what is going on here?  Thank you.

18.8K Posts

November 9th, 2004 04:00

CherAnn,

See if the download from the link here corrects the problem.

130 Posts

November 9th, 2004 12:00

O.K.  I did what was suggested.  I can go into Freecell & Solitaire without getting the error message anymore - Yeah!

However, Solitaire still does not work.  It comes up, but there are no cards behind the ones in front & when you move one card to the other - it still appears the same (the move doesn't take place).

Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

18.8K Posts

November 9th, 2004 14:00

CherAnn,

You might see if reinstalling Solitaire corrects the problem. Go to Start|Settings|Control Panel|Add/Remove Programs|Windows Setup tab|Accessories. Uncheck Games and reboot. Go back and check Games and reinstall them (you'll be prompted to insert your ME reinstallation CD).

130 Posts

November 10th, 2004 00:00

Well - I never did get around to removing Solitaire & reinstalling it.  However, after performing Spybot, Ad-Aware, Fx Agent,CW Sweeper & removing some things from my Hijack log - it started to work correctly.

Thanks for your help.

No Events found!