Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

September 20th, 2005 20:00

rdbss.sys blue screen

Running WinXP SP2 on Dimension 8250.  Recently I have been getting a lot of blue screen error messages, most of them related to rdbss.sys.    The message is not always identical.  Here is the text from the most recent:  "rdbss.sys   Driver system unloaded without cancelling pending operations.  Stop:  0X000000D4 (0XBAC97F38, DX00000002, 0X00000001, 0X804DBC9A).  rdbss.sys.  Beginning dump of physical memory.  Physical memory dump complete.  If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.  Disable BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing.  If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced start options, then select Safe Mode."    

The rdbss.sys error message is the most common.  I have received a couple of others that I will pass on the fragments that I wrote down:  
 "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL      0x000000a."  
 "0x00000D1 (0X01c5BBF4)  tcpip.sys.  Address B28A5014.  Base at B2867000.  Date stamp 4294CC20."
"Bad pool header  0X00000019."

As usual with Windows, I don't understand the error message.  I have corresponded with Microsoft, and they said my WinXP was a custom installation by Dell, so that Dell should be the ones with the answers.

If anyone has any ideas, please pass them along.  Let me know if I can provide further information.
Thanks

32 Posts

September 21st, 2005 21:00

I have had the same problem, my system is also a 8250 with SP2. The problems also began recently. Could they be related to the latest Windows update?

I have noticed that the blue screen most frequently occurs after a game I have been playing (Warlords Battlecry III) has crashed catastrophically (by this I mean because everything, savegames, campaigns, etc. is lost). But, is the game causing the problem, or is it crashing *because* rdbss.sys has gone belly-up?

In the last few days I have not had the blue screens so frequently as at first, but now once or twice a day I get a scary popup (not related to playing the game) that says that Windows has recovered from a serious error. Yay for the recovery, but leaves me wondering what's wrong... I'm seriously considering restoring the system.

Hey rokbottom let me know if you get any more info, I've been scouring the internet and haven't found anything really useful (only a fix for a similar problem in Windows 2000).

16 Posts

September 21st, 2005 22:00

Caralampio,

I found the same "fix" for Win 2000, which was essentially to contact Microsoft for a "hot fix," which I did, but they sent me back to Dell.

I can usually make it happen on my computer when there is a big load on memory.  If AIM, Outlook, and Bear Share are all open, the computer "hangs" for many seconds when you try switching windows or opening email.  Eventually I get the blue screen.

Keep in touch.

1 Message

October 3rd, 2005 00:00

hello,

well i just wanted to say i have been experiencing the same problem and with the blue screen and the error msg... but it happens when im playing a game like Battlefield 2 of Wolfenstein ET and anyother game that takes up a lot of the system...... so if any of you r able to find the reason of a fix i would be greatful if u could pass the knowlege on... and if i find a fix ill let u know too.

thanks and keep in touch.

No Events found!