Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2004 10:00

windows xp administrator default password

I need to reinstall windows xp I have never used this, and when I boot up from the cd it asks for an administrator password, Ive tried my log in password and the code that came with my windows xp with my Dell and they dont work. Is there a default passord that one uses at first and then one can change later after one gets in? Thank you.

El Cape

12K Posts

June 3rd, 2004 11:00

Unless you changed it, the default password is "null", leave it blank.

18.8K Posts

June 3rd, 2004 14:00

El Cape,

The Administrator password is not required when reinstalling Windows XP. It is used to enter Recovery Console, which is not what you are trying to do. Instructions for reinstalling Windows are here.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 3rd, 2004 14:00

...and press Enter.

5 Posts

June 4th, 2004 10:00

Well if I do want to enter the Recovery Console or to Repair windows what would be the password? or how do I enter the Recovery Console to repair my windows? the thing is that my problem was not solved with the reinstalation of windows. My problem is that I cannot get any page in the internet browser to open or to show. I run the scan my system  in the Help and support suplied by Dell in the computer. I get  that the NETWORK

5 Posts

well if I did want to enter the Recovery Console or the Repair windows feature what would be the password, which is what I originaly wanted to do. I did manage to reinstall windows xp but it did not resolve my problem which is with viewing the internet pages, I cannot view any page and even thought my modem dials and connects, it says connected at 53kps, it seems that Iam not connected. I tried the PING thing and it does not return. I ran the Help and support feature suplied with the Dell and ran tools then network diagnostics and then scan my system and this is the result.

NETWORK ADAPTERS 000655363 WAN MINIPORT (IP) FAILED

DNSSERVER SEARCH ORDER 196.3.81.5---200.88.127.23---FAILED

DEFAULT OUTLOOK EXPRESS MAIL---NOT CONFIGUERED

DEFAULT OUTLOOK EXPRES NEWS---NOT CONFIGUERED

INTERNET EXPLORER WEB PROXY---NOT CONFIGUERED

DEFAULT GATEWAY---66.98.79.248---PASSED

DEFAULT GATEWAY--00655363WAN MINIPORT (IP)---PASSED

IP ADDRESS 00655363 WAN MINIPORT (IP)----PASSED

So, I need help with these, I think, if I resolve this then my computer will go back to the way it was working until the 29 of may in the afternoon, in the morning I connected fine and navigated with no problem, I dont have any idea what occurred that this happened. Iam very carefull with viruses, I have the McAfee Security Center, if I download anything I scan it and I dont open any attachments, the last thing I downloaded that I can think of was this thing called Kazaamate from PC World, this software that was supposed to accelerate downloading and such, I deleted emmidiatly when I was having trouble installing it, this is the last thing I did. Denny I appreciate and thankyou for the previous help, and God bless you for shearing your knowledge to help others, I think that is truly great of you to take your time to help others less knowledgeble in these matters, like me. If you can help me resolve this, I would be very thankfull. Dell advised me to reinstall the Operating system and I did but it did not solve the problem. My Dell is new, I just got  it in February, and Iam new at computing and the internnet and such. Thanks again

Rafael   ---- racapellan2003@yahoo.com

5 Posts

well if I did want to enter the Recovery Console or the Repair windows feature what would be the password, which is what I originaly wanted to do. I did manage to reinstall windows xp but it did not resolve my problem which is with viewing the internet pages, I cannot view any page and even thought my modem dials and connects, it says connected at 53kps, it seems that Iam not connected. I tried the PING thing and it does not return. I ran the Help and support feature suplied with the Dell and ran tools then network diagnostics and then scan my system and this is the result.

NETWORK ADAPTERS 000655363 WAN MINIPORT (IP) FAILED

DNSSERVER SEARCH ORDER 196.3.81.5---200.88.127.23---FAILED

DEFAULT OUTLOOK EXPRESS MAIL---NOT CONFIGUERED

DEFAULT OUTLOOK EXPRES NEWS---NOT CONFIGUERED

INTERNET EXPLORER WEB PROXY---NOT CONFIGUERED

DEFAULT GATEWAY---66.98.79.248---PASSED

DEFAULT GATEWAY--00655363WAN MINIPORT (IP)---PASSED

IP ADDRESS 00655363 WAN MINIPORT (IP)----PASSED

So

1 Message

September 13th, 2023 22:32

I have the same problem