Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2007 14:00

yahoo music player

Everytime I try and use the windows media player yahoo music player takes over  i can't use yahoo music player because I have the volume all the way up and I can just about hear it If I use windows player the volume is much louder.    Everytime I select windows player yahoo takes over anyone got any ideas how to put yahoo out of the way. I wonder why I have that ,I did not order it,what is it a demo??

Bob Moyer

Message Edited by Robert Moyer on 12-23-2007 11:59 AM

2.9K Posts

December 23rd, 2007 15:00

If you don't want it, why don't you simply uninstall the Yahoo player?

933 Posts

December 23rd, 2007 16:00

normally I would delete it, but I am in uncharted waters right now and I do not want to burn the bridges behind me ,not just yet.

Bob Moyer

1.1K Posts

December 23rd, 2007 16:00

Try this....

Open WMP and click on TOOLS OPTIONS then FILE TYPES and see if all of them are checked. They are all the files you can make Windows Media Player your default player for. If they are all checked and it still doesn't work, then you can do as the guy above me stated and uninstall Yahoo Jukebox, or whatever it is.

10 Posts

December 24th, 2007 06:00

USE WITH CARE

Control Panel -> Default Programs ->Set Program Access and Computer Defaults->
Select the line that reads "Microsoft Windows" click "OK"

Side effects:  This will undo MIME associations for other programs.
Advantage:  This will almost certainly fix the problem.

Notes:  There is a bug in Vistas rather complex MIME scheme where WMP can appear to have all its defaults, but not everything is right.  It usually manifest in internet explorer conversations.  This fixes it.

This is basically like resetting all of windows file associations to be what they are on a fresh vista install.

Message Edited by Qutsemnie on 12-24-2007 02:16 AM
No Events found!