Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T2

June 2nd, 2015 03:00

What do icon colors in WDM mean?

What do icon colors in WDM mean?

I can't find it documented anywhere for WDM 4.8.5 but what do the computer icons colored red, green and yellow stand for? It seems pretty obvious but I hate to assume too much and be wrong later on while troubleshooting. Also, what does it mean when all the information for a device is blue?

2 Posts

June 15th, 2015 05:00

I think it may have something to do with whether it has "checked in" in a certain amount of time.

June 16th, 2015 06:00

Hello,

I am sorry for the message out of the subject, but I have recently registered on this website, and I want to post a question about the Wyse PC, but I cannot find anywhere on this website a button I can click on in order to add a question. Can you help me out to find out how to post a question normally, not as a reply to an already posted question ? Thank you very much for your help. Chris.

6 Posts

June 16th, 2015 06:00

Check-In Preferences

· Perform a partial check-in every - Set the partial check-in frequency of all devices
by selecting a number and a time unit (minutes, hours, days). The default is 1 Hour.
Partial check-ins occur regularly at the specified interval to ascertain device health
status (red, yellow, green). Partial check-ins require less network bandwidth than a
full check-in (important for large WDM installations with thousands of devices).
Changes to check-in frequencies will not take effect until after the previously set
check-in time or if devices are refreshed.
· Missed Check-ins for Yellow Icon - Select the number of missed check-ins before
the icon for the device turns yellow to indicate there might be a problem with the
device.
· Missed Check-ins for Red Icon - Select the number of missed check-ins before
the icon for the device turns red to indicate there might be a serious problem with
the device.

36 Posts

June 24th, 2015 09:00

Except - not always.  If you ever attempt to manually add a client directly (say, because you're frustrated with the broken functionality of network discovery), it will always display as "Green", even if it never actually checks in.  You're right that this is another example of the utter lack of sufficient documentation.  You're just supposed to "know" how they intend WDM to be used.

No Events found!