Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

December 26th, 2019 18:00

Restarting ThinOS Devices with active sessions

I have about 30 ThinOS Dell Wyse 3040s setup to all Direct RDP into a terminal server. When I attempt to restart them from the "Devices" menu, all of them show a "You have active connections" menu for a few seconds and then just disappears without restarting.

How do  I get them to ignore the active session and reboot?

WMS 1.4
ThinOS 8.6

3 Posts

January 20th, 2020 09:00

This is a very annoying problem. I find that the VNC service will sometimes barf and there's no way to get to the thin client remotely. Trying to reboot it from WMS doesn't work as it just displays a prompt on the end device that needs to be clicked.

Surely there must be a way to force a reboot?

March 5th, 2020 12:00

ShutdownCounter=0 on its own line in advanced

1 Message

July 24th, 2020 12:00

We ran into this as well, apparently it was a design choice from Dell as some customers were complaining about admins being able to reboot clients remotely while in session impacting the user's experience. This has been reversed in 8.6.206, so know it will pop the message for a period equal to what you have set in your profile and then reboot accordingly.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 10th, 2024 20:36

I hate to comment on such a old thread but this is the only post I have been able to find on the internet. I'm beginning a ThinOS8.6.810 to ThinOS9 upgrade and the automated process is being interrupted by a prompt asking for permission to "Restart Now" or "Postpone". I have added "ShutdownCounter=0" to a blank line in the Advanced section in WMS and it initially looks like it is going to force the reboot as expected but then still pops up this "WMS agent: ThinOS Restart" window.

Any other ideas about how to disable this bug?

No Events found!