Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2015 22:00

A bit lost...

A bit lost...

Ok so i needed this app to start/stop a bat file that starts a server from my computer remotely.

Im a bit lost though as to how to set this up, i've read the stickied thread and made sure what it looked like i needed to do (on my computer) was done. (I made windows firewall allow all Remote Desktop stuff etc). I tried to use the auto discovery mode, logged in successfully with my gmail account. After figuring out that the auto discovery thing wasnt the actual remote destop thing (correct?), i went to + on my droid and set up a RDP via the "New Computer" button. For nickname i just put "HP - Will" and for 'host' address i went to whatismyip.com and put my ip into the 'host' field. For Username & Password i put in the username/pw i use to log into Windows 7 (although i log into win automaticly) i even changed my user account name and my password to be sure i entered the right info. For 'Domain', i left that blank. I clicked 'Save' and tried to connect but it said "server not found" or something. I even made sure i added an exception to my routers port forward list, (port 3389 on the ip of my droid that the router control panel detcted).

What am i entering wrong or what do i need to do to get the remote desktop feature of PocketCloud?

925 Posts

Hi Willy, 
Are you prompted for the desktop username/password when you connect?
If it is desktop username/password, please save it (right click on connection -edit-enter your credentials) , you will be directed directly to your desktop.
Are you able to directly login to this desktop using the same credentials?
Are you able to access this desktop using a desktop rdp client?

Thank you,

Wyse PocketCloud Team

buump please

ok now i can kinda login but it just keeps on bringing up a Credentials username/pw window (on the droid) 

I've tried using the name of my machine the 2 possible ways i can think of (HP-pc, HP - Will) and the password is definitely right. I've also tried using my internal IP and my external IP. Furthest ive gotten is to where i explained in the 1st sentence of this post.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

August 4th, 2015 22:00

yes im prompted for some Username / Password (isnt clear which one, just says "Credentials" at the top of the mini-window) then when i enter them (i've tried using my Windows username/password AND my google account username/pw) and every time it just says "connecting" then goes back to the same window asking for my username / password. I've never successfully gotten to use the RDP or any of the features that PocketCloud promised when i gave my 14.99$...

If it is desktop username/password, please save it (right click on connection -edit-enter your credentials) , you will be directed directly to your desktop.

Again i've never been able to get to my desktop with pocketcloud, i've tried everything the app will let me do with RDP and auto discovery, never have successfully gotten to my PC's desktop.

Win7 x64 2.1ghz x4, 8 gb ram
Verizon Droid (1st gen)
Android 2.2.1
PocketCloud Pro

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 22:00

Hi Willy, looks like you are using auto connection. For autoconnection, please enter only gmail address and password.
Are you prompted whiel connection or when in settings page?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 10th, 2015 22:00

SAME THING. I followed those steps and the same thing happened, just took me back to the login screen!!

SO FRUSTRATING. READ MY POSTS FULLY.

500 Posts

Hi Willy,

You have installed Windows Companion on your PC, and signed in with your Google account, right?
Did you add your username to Remote Connections on the PC?
Start>Right click Computer > Properties > Remote Settings > Remote > Select Users > Add your user name

Then all you need to do is login to Auto Discovery on Android device with the same Google account.
Your PC will be displayed in Computer List.
Then press and hold this computer name > click EDIT and enter your Win7 computer's username and password (NOT Google account) > save. Now you should be able to connect.

6 Posts

Awe MANNNNNNN

I have a motorola xoom and a gateway windows 7 64 bit. I found the pocket cloud from the android market looked like a excellent app. I paid 14.99 and followed the instructions. I installed the software to my computer that I was instructed to do and I have not been able to use the program. I have been able to use about 3 hours of my time and from reading Willy's post I can see the support via forum is going to be a lame experience. Hopefuls someone can prove me wrong. I help friends and family with their computer problems via remote assistance this should not be that complicating.

My xoom finds my computer and reads the correct name of the computer. When I click on it is says that the computer is offline and not available remote. I have read some of the things out there and I do not have a clue what anybody is talking about VNC???RDP???***??? Those codes are new to me and I want to see if this software is worth the 14.99. I called in for support and they directed me to this.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

925 Posts

Willy,
Please access your device browser.
Navigate to gmail.com and login to your google account.
Launch your app now and setup auto discovery and connect please.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post

Hi Willy, looks like you are using auto connection. For autoconnection, please enter only gmail address and password.
Are you prompted whiel connection or when in settings page?
dude, no, ive been trying BOTH autodiscovery mode and setting up an RDP on the app. I keep telling you, EVERY time i almost get in, it keeps bringing me back to the "credentials" window (ON THE PHONE) and asks me to put in my username/password.

Are you even reading my posts?

August 10th, 2015 23:00

When i go to "select users", It wont let me add my username (which is already vague, WHICH username?) to the list, whne i add my email address or anything to that list, it wont let me click ok, it wont accept me adding to the "Object Name" field.

500 Posts

Willy, you should enter your computer username (USERNAME you use to access your PC) not gmail account into this field you showed me on the attachmnent.

Please see the attachment I sent to you. This is where you should enter your Gmail account.
1.You should install Wyse PocketCloud Windows companion 2.1.11( from  http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...re%20Downloads)
2. Then sign in with your Gmail account
3. After you signed in you should be able to see this computer on your Android device

Regards

Attached Images

File Type: jpg WindowsCompanion.jpg (59.1 KB, 1 views)

500 Posts

Sdatt,

Is your PC ON when you are trying to connect to it?

You can not connect to your PC if it is OFF. Please change the settings to keep it always on:
Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Select Power Saver > Change Plan Settings > Turn Off display > Select NEVER

In this case your PC will be always ON and you'll be able to connect any time

No Events found!