Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

DD

August 1st, 2015 03:00

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgh!

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgh!

Ok, I do consider myself a reasonably computer savvy guy...really. But apparently I'm just too stupid for Pocket cloud. I could never get it to connect from my Incredible to my PC and ultimately gave up. So now I decided to try again with my Thunderbolt. I got alot farther this time, as it actually sees my PC from my phone. Now if only it would actually let me log in I'd be in great shape. I click on the connection to my PC on my phone and get the RDP credentials screen. Apparently I just don't know what it wants from me, because it just keeps telling me that the username or password are incorrect. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm assuming the username is my gmail username since that's how I created the account. I've tried with and without the @gmail.com and have tried both my gmail password and my PC password to no avail. What am I missing?

500 Posts

August 12th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

RDP credentials are:
Username and password that you use to log in to your PC (NOT gmail account)
If you don't have a password on your PC, please created it.

Regards

August 12th, 2015 01:00

Well, I did a search here for "RDP credentials" and found this thread http://community.wyse.com/forum/show...ht=credentials . So apparently I wasn't the only one having this issue. The workaround is a GIANT PIA, but it does work and I can now connect to my PC from my T-Bolt. I'll have to play with it some to learn to use the scroll bars smoothly and what-not, but having access to my home PC from my phone could certainly prove handy. I don't suppose anyone has found a simpler workaround than this one? I have to enter *something* at the RDP cred screen, let it tell me the username or password are incorrect, click ok, click "switch user", and enter my correct login info on that screen! And if you're not quick enough, it will time-out WHILE YOU'RE TYPING, and you have to start over! BTW, my OS is Win 7 Pro. There must be a better way. Ironically, my wife's T-Bolt will connect to her Win 7 Home Premium laptop with no issues. Click, click, she's in. We both fought with mine for over an hour before I found this other thread. Crazy.

No Events found!