Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

Android 2.2 - Wyse Pocket Cloud hangs after authentication - Connecting to VMware

Android 2.2 - Wyse Pocket Cloud hangs after authentication - Connecting to VMware

Hi Wyse Support/Others,
I am using the paid application for Pocket Cloud, and attempting to connect to a VMware machine used for work. That being said, I do not have a lot of detailed information for the server side, but I do know that it has been setup correctly as other employees can connect via the iPad application.

The issue seems to be that once I type in my RSA token code, for authentication, it starts connecting, but the "progress bar" wheel on the side eventually hangs.

The account/settings have been tested with another Pocket cloud application on the iPad side and it works fine.. so I'm starting to think its more the device than anything. Authentication works as well, as I mentioned - but then hangs after while loading.

I am using a WiFi connection, the newest update of Pocket Cloud. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and can't think of what else could be causing it.

I did search the forums hoping to find the answer and read the sticky above as well - if I missed the thread, please feel free to link it below for me -

Much appreciated - thank you

-Kenny

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

RSA Token codes only work if properly implemented on the server side.

Problem?

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Hi, there thank you for your reply No Troll Bro, 

The RSA Settings have been confirmed. They work on a PC properly,

August 12th, 2015 08:00

SSL is set to on - correct.

I get past the RSA token - just so your aware, when i click the computer name it asks for the RSA token (checked the RSA Manager/server on the corporate side - checks out fine - no error) then it freezes when loading connections,

500 Posts

We are trying to reproduce this issue but so far it works for us.
Are you using version 1.1.208?
Are you on the same network with your VMware you trying to connect to?

Please try these steps:
Delete VMware from the My Computer list > Go to Settings and set Accept All Certificates to YES > Add VMware to My Computer List again

Let me know the result

Thanks

Hi Lana, thank you for the reply, 

Ya, actually I tried that before the uninstall/reinstall. I believe that is the only troubleshooting step i failed to leave in this post - sorry about that. I tried it again before replying back just incase...

Still issue occurs.

500 Posts

Seems like your issue is happening due to a server setting. To be more precies , once the client side authenticate user it asks if tunneling is enabeld, Server returns with "yes" or "no" (this all happens under the hood).
In your case you are getting "yes". Server also returns an address where the tunneling suppose to go through. When client gets this address it tries to resolve the DNS for that address. If you are in the wrong network you wont be able to resove the dns. I think this is your issue. 
Best way would be to ask your IT which network you need to be on. 
Alternatively you can install a view client for any laptop and connect to the same wi-fi connection and see if that is working.
Ideally, you can set us up with connection and we can test it on our side. 

I am sure you are asking why it works on IPAD. That is due to a different implementation. But the way it is implemented on android follows the view protocol step by step.

Hi Lana,

I figured this would have been covered with the uninstall/reinstall, but i did try it again. The actual device will stop connecting far before this freeze if I do not have Accept Cert's enabled, so I has been checked to on. 

I am in a different network, on WiFi. The other tests we've done on different devices (iPads) work fine on this network with these settings... it is being tested in a corporate enviroment - that being said I do not have access to the server side - but know it is implemented correctly 

When you guys test VMWare connection on yourside, what is the next step after "loading connection"? does it show the window automatically? I assume it doesnt stop loading (spinning wheel stops for me) but don't know what I should be seeing afterwards, 

I hate to ask, but is there a different, older version, or competition software I can test with these settings? With the other devices (iPads and PC's) working, it seems to be narrowed down to this software - however I have no other software to test with to confirm.

Hi there, 

It seems I have some progress Currently when connecting it tells me "Reenter your Pin/Passcode - or wait for next Pin". I have tested on a PC and know the security access is fine. 

Thoughts on this by chance?

update - hey there, 

So it looks like the issue is occuring where the VDI is all setup (works from iPad - as mentioned above) but when loading through my Galaxy, it freezes at "Loading Connection". 
Authentication is fine on the RSA Manager end, 
Looks like fault of the application?

I uninstalled, reinstalled, 
Moved to the SD card, full permissions to that folder

Tested on other devices, 

Thoughts?

500 Posts

The next step after "loading connections" should be "Enter your next RSA Token" window. After you entered second RSA you will be connected to VMware.

One more question:
Is your SSL Connection set to ON in Edit Computer (Press and Hold VMware label > Click Edit)

500 Posts

Hi,

Could you please try to open Task Manager (Active Applications tab) on Samsung Galaxy and click END PocketCloud, then launch PocketCloud again and try to connect to VM.
or Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Under Running Tab click on PocketCloud > Force Stop

Let me know if it worked.

Regards

August 12th, 2015 23:00

when you refer to the 'network' are you meaning that i need to connect to the same network the VMWare setup is on? in that case, why would there be a need for an application of this type?

I am able to connect with a PC as well, with the external IP address... so i really wouldnt think the 'setup' is the cause. 

I dont think this is the resolution to this issue to be quite honest. I see it working with other devices and find it hard to believe the issue is with this device. Is this an issue you guys are looking to remedy with an update or new release? 

If indeed there is no further support, how do i go about refunding my purchase? Are there older versions or a 'free version' that i can attempt a test with? I notice other threads which mention the free version works but paid version does not. I cannot test this because of the functionality of the free version thats all. 

I am dissipointed with the last reply - and yes - it does look like an application issue - not the device. Either way - the application was setup for the Android operating system - i would assume there would be further support for it?

Thank you for your replies... i look forward to further assistance, or at least a refund if this is not possible,

500 Posts

August 12th, 2015 23:00

We are very sorry that we could not resolve your issue at this moment. We are trying our best to reproduce this issue in our environment, but everything works for us. We went through all possible scenarios that can cause this problem. 
There is a new PocketCloud release coming soon, which will has many updates and fixes. I hope we can fix the issue you are experiencing at this moment.

Regards

No Events found!