Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 30th, 2015 23:00

Autodiscovery for RDP now working

Autodiscovery for RDP now working

I have PocketCloud Pro on an Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tab and am trying to use autodiscovery to connect to a Windows 7 Professional computer. I installed the companion software, logged in to gmail, and ran the test which shows "RDP to port 3389 is successful." However, it does not show up on the Android device under "discovered connections." I am able to successfully connect via autodiscovery to a Windows XP machine and also a Terminal Server, but not the Windows 7 (which is 64 bit) machine. I can make a manual connection to the Windows 7 machine and that works, but I want to use autodiscovery because that laptop will travel and end up on different subnets. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

925 Posts

July 30th, 2015 23:00

Hi mferwalt,

If you logout from gmail on your android and login does it show up?
If you kill the app and restart does it show up?

Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 22:00

firewall issue

after looking more closely, I found that port 3389 was not completely open on the firewall. It was open, through domain group policy, to allow access from domain accounts, but not from public sources. I made the firewall change and now autodiscovery is working.

3 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 22:00

I tried logging out and back in, but it did not help. I also killed the PocketCloud app and restarted, but still no luck.

925 Posts

August 9th, 2015 22:00

Glad it is working for you! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!