Highlighted
fleandro
1 Copper

Can´t turn off CAPS Lock

Can´t turn off CAPS Lock

Hi all,

I just bought the PocketCloud PRO right now (I was using the free version before), and when emulating a MS-Windows 7 I can´t turn off the CAPS lock.

Any ideas what can I do to solve that?

HTC Jetstream:
- Android versiom 3.1
- HTC Sense version 1.1 for Tablet
- Software number 1.17.502.3

PocketCloud tm Version: 1.2.265

Thanks,

F.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
44 Replies
Lana-2015
3 Zinc

RE: Can´t turn off CAPS Lock

Hi,

Can you please let me know where exactly do you see this issue. is it in session or Windows Login screen? Or when you create a new connection(Edit Connection)?
Could you also check keyboard settings in Android settings.
What keyboard do you use on Android Devices?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
lulu-2015
1 Copper

Hi,

I have the same issue. Can't turn off Caps Lock when connecting to a PC with RDP or VNC (HTC Desire S, Android 2.3.5, HTC Sense 3.0), PocketCloudPro 1.2.265

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

Hello lulu, we are still looking into the issue. If you could, please provide a response to the following questions:

Does this happen when you create a new connection (or Edit Connection)?

Could you also check keyboard settings in Android settings. What keyboard do you use on the Android Device? 

Is Caps lock enabled on the connecting PC's keyboard?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
wizardohjero
1 Copper

Issues with caps lock

Hey, I'm also experiencing issues with the caps lock. I have an android phone (HTC Vivid) and im using the regular keyboard, no alterations. If i press the shift button nothing happens

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

wizardohjero, sorry you are experiencing trouble with your device. When you say you are using the regular keyboard, which one are you using (Swipe, Android keyboard, or something else)?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

I was finally able to reproduce the same problem on my test environment. This issue happens when the computer you are connection to has caps lock ON. If caps lock is enabled on the computer you are connecting to, there is no way to toggle caps lock on or off (including using the shift key). The issue is actually with the version of TightVNC that is installed with the PocketCloud Companion. To resolve the issue, download and install the latest version of TightVNC and make sure caps lock is disabled on the device you are connecting to.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
user1927854
1 Copper

Caps Lock won't turn of

Exactly same issue using Pocketcloud on Android to connect to OS X 10.7.2 where Caps Lock won't turn off.
Caps lock disabled in System Prefs. No TightVNC updates available for mac systems.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

user1927854, what version of PocketCloud do you have installed and what device are you using to connect with?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
user1927854
1 Copper

Pocketcloud v1.2.165 running Android 2.3.4 on HTC Sense v3.0 on a Sensation XE

Tags (2)
0 Kudos