Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

July 28th, 2015 20:00

Can´t turn off CAPS Lock

Can´t turn off CAPS Lock

Hi all,

I just bought the PocketCloud PRO right now (I was using the free version before), and when emulating a MS-Windows 7 I can´t turn off the CAPS lock.

Any ideas what can I do to solve that?

HTC Jetstream:
- Android versiom 3.1
- HTC Sense version 1.1 for Tablet
- Software number 1.17.502.3

PocketCloud tm Version: 1.2.265

Thanks,

F.

1 Message

August 11th, 2015 01:00

Hi, 

I'm using pocketcloud 1.2.280 on a HTC Desire S running 2.3.4 and a Xoom running 4.0.3 (was 3.2.4) but on the Desire S I am experiencing this issue.

I am logging into customers PCs via windows RDP and suffer from this issue at the login screen and within windows. 2 very different hardware spec PCs as well. Again it only affects the 2.3.4 device and not the HC/ICS based tablet. 

it is a real pain from a support pov.

Thanks

1 Message

August 11th, 2015 02:00

Hello,

I have also had an issue in PocketCloud with capslock similar to what has been described. Are any of you folks running a 3rd party keyboard app on your phones while using PocketCloud? I am using "SlideIT" (similar to Swype) which is great but seems to be the cause of the issue for me.

SOLUTION (at least for me): toggle the slide input off when typing in PocketCloud. To do this toggle the "ABC" button "on" near the right side of the text input box. Works like a charm now 

PS: I am fairly "cheap" as a rule and would normally scoff at spending $15 for an App on the market. After trying the free version I was hooked and bought the Pro version. Great job on this app!

1.3K Posts

Nathanio, please try installing the latest version of the Companion software here:
http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...20Downloads%29

Also be sure that caps lock is not enabled on the connecting computer and also make sure it is not enabled on the device you are using to connect. 

Let me know if this does not help. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

3 Posts

Same problem with resound when logging into Windows on vm....seems to be an htc issue...using the default htc keyboard....works fine everywhere else....

1.3K Posts

What keyboard are you using? Try changing to a different system keyboard to see if that helps. 

Josh Maurer

9 Posts

I have verified that it is not.

1.3K Posts

Unfortunately there is no real good way to remotely disable caps lock. What happens if you use shift and then type on your device? Do characters show in lowercase? Also if you turned on caps lock on your device, do characters show in lowercase? 

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

What version of Android are you using on your resound? 

Josh Maurer

9 Posts

Same problem here. Using Pocketcloud free version. Phone is an HTC HD2 with Android 2.3.5 and HTC Sense 3.5. Not using the companion software. HTC seems to be the common detail here. I like the Pocketcloud product, but I can't see buying it with an outstanding issue like this.

9 Posts

Just using whatever the default keyboard is. Nothing fancy like Swype or anything.

1.3K Posts

Can you change from the default (HTC?) keyboard to another system one like the android keyboard? 

Josh Maurer

I am having the same issue. CAPS Lock will not turn off when I try to use the on screen keyboard. I do not currently have physical access to the machine so I cannot verify whether or not caps lock is turned on at the physical keyboard of the machine. Is there any way to do this without interacting with the machine in meatspace?

1.3K Posts

Thanks for a work around for users who may be experiencing this and also thanks for the feedback about the application. It is always nice to hear from a happy customer. =] 

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Is it possible that CAPS lock is enabled on your remote computer? 

Josh Maurer

9 Posts

August 11th, 2015 03:00

I can confirm the same behavior on my device. Landscape all caps, portrait lower-case works.

No Events found!