Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 6th, 2015 22:00

Connecting to a terminal server that's protected by a Sonicwall Firewall

Connecting to a terminal server that's protected by a Sonicwall Firewall

I'm looking for software to deploy a Tablet (Droid/iPad) solution for the office so users can connect to the terminal server while they're on the go.

The terminal server is behind a Sonicwall Firewall (so the server is not directly visible from the web), currently users use their laptops and launch a SSL VPN client and then they launch Remote Desktop to open a terminal server session on the terminal server.

I downloaded the freebie version to get a feel, but I'm stuck. If this is something that's easy as pie in the Pro version could someone let me know and maybe give me some tips?

544 Posts

We do not support Terminal Services Gateway (TS Gateway) at this time. It may be added in a future release.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

3 Posts

cmon wyse, are you working on terminal server gateway or not? I look stupid reccommending pocketcloud to our company and it doesn't even support terminal server gateway...

I figure "its Wyse, of course they do. duh!" 

I thought maybe I read somewhere you are working on it?
Do you want to sell software or don't you?   please help

2 Posts

update

I'm sorry I read this post and then forgot to follow through on the details!

•Device - Verizon Droid Xoom tablet (Motorola)
•Device OS version - Honeycomb 3.0
•Computer OS version - Windows Terminal Server 2008 32-bit
•App version - 1.1.108
•Connection method - Manual and Wi-Fi or 3G.
•Environment of the remote PC - Remote (however the server is behind a Sonicwall Firewall - currently users use a laptop with a SSL VPN client and then launch Remote Desktop to connect to the terminal server).

Notes
----I tried the Discover mode after installing the companion software on the server but this acts as a VNC client in the way that it just takes the user to the PC that the companion software is on and shows whoever is currently logged in.

Since I need multiple users to connect to the same machine (the terminal server) I don't see this working, but I'm probably missing something or need to configure things differently.

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djp1ll View Post

cmon wyse, are you working on terminal server gateway or not? I look stupid reccommending pocketcloud to our company and it doesn't even support terminal server gateway...

I figure "its Wyse, of course they do. duh!" 

I thought maybe I read somewhere you are working on it?
Do you want to sell software or don't you?   please help
Hello,

The Terminal Services Gateway functionality is currently under development. We are however offering a beta build to select users. Feel free to apply for the program here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/view...alE6MA..#gid=0.

-Chris
No Events found!