Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

August 11th, 2015 00:00

Could not connect to server

Could not connect to server

Hi,

I have just installed the latest version of Pocket Cloud (1.1.108) for Android onto my HTC Desire HD handset for evaluation purposes and have set up a RDP connection to a Windows 7 host (Companion not installed); however, when I try to connect, I instantly get a "Could not connect to server" message.

I have also tried connecting to other machines, Windows 2003 and Windows XP all within the local network domain with the same results.

Any suggestions?

925 Posts

Hi Oliver,
I understand the machine allows remote access. But Can you please turn off NLA. Computer-properties-remote settings-allow connection from computer running any version of rdp'

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Oliver, Glad it works!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Hi Suchitha,

I found the issue, it seems that it was caused by DNS name resolution issue; using the IP instead works fine.

Thanks for the help

Hi Suchitha,

All the machines are on my local network and I am connecting my handset to the network via WiFi. All the machines allow remote access using my access details from any other PC so I know that RDP is working. I have also tried using a VNC connection and get 'Session Disconnected' message

I don't want to use Pocket Cloud Companion in this evaluation; as I plan to use Pocket Cloud to provide support to users at remote sites when I am not at my PC and the installation of 3rd Party software is restricted. 

Any possible suggestions? If not, then this had become one of my shortest ever product evaluations.

925 Posts

Hi Oliver, RDP settings on yoru desktop :Is it set to 'allow any user to access'?
Are you on wifi or 3g?
Can you please make sure you are on the same network as the host computer?
I assume you are doing a manual connection. You can do a autoconnection by downloading the pocketcloud companion(top of the forum).

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!