Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

July 30th, 2015 22:00

Does PocketCloud for Android work with VMWare View 4.5 server?

Does PocketCloud for Android work with VMWare View 4.5 server?

I am wondering if PocketCloud for Android will work with VMWare View 4.5 server via SSL. I am considering switching to an Android phone but need a way to remote in to work. Cisco 3000 VPN seems to be a no go on Android, but PocketCloud seems promising if it will work.

16 Posts

Do you know if this is a planned feature as this is probably a fairly standard configuration. We use different domain user names from the RSA user names as an added level of security since an intruder would need to know both user names and the standard VMWare View client handles this scenario fine. Also, it would be nice if there was an option to prompt for the user name and password at connection time since storing the user name and password on the device represents a potential security issue.

925 Posts

I dont think you can have seperate username ...you can have different password.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Thank you AJH16! Yes, Pocketcloud on android does support view 4.5 server. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

16 Posts

Ok, so I got a copy and ran in to another issue. I am able to connect to the secure view server, however I have a different RSA username and secret than I have for the domain user. I am able to enter either my RSA ID username as the username and get access to the first part of the authentication process or use my Active Directory user name to get past the second. This works when on the settings screen when I can change the username and password boxes during the same session, but does not work when I try to actually make a connection to the server to access the client. Is there any way that I can enter a different ID for the RSA authentication than is used for the domain authentication?

925 Posts

HI AJH, Are you able to create a new view connection with your credentials? I mean can you pick the domain and the desktop and save?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

16 Posts

I am able to create a new view connection, but it does not work when I try to actually use the connection. To get the domain and desktop saved I had to change user names mid configuration. If I start out with my RSA username and then select the domain, it prompts me for my RSA password which I put in and it accesses the available domain listing. If I then try to access the desktop drop down, I receive an error. If I change my user name at this point to my domain user and put in my domain password, I can get the list of desktops. The problem is that when trying to actually connect to the session, I do not have an opportunity to switch usernames and so it either fails the initial connection if I put in my domain user id or fails the desktop login if I put in my RSA user id.

925 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 05:00

Thanks Aj for your feedback. I will talk to someone who works on this . I will check with them and get back to you. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 22:00

what is the error message you get when you connect? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

200 Posts

August 9th, 2015 21:00

Are you able to login using the Windows VMware View Client on a PC? If so, what process do you follow? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

16 Posts

Yes, I can log in from the Windows client by entering the url of the secure view server and trying to connect. It prompts me for my RSA id and code, then it prompts me for my active directory user name and password. Lastly, it prompts me the system I want to connect to.

925 Posts

Hi Walpino, As far as the information we have, we do require username to be same as of now. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

16 Posts

Bumping since I haven't heard back.

16 Posts

Depends on which username and password I have in. If I put in my AD domain username and password, I get a prompt to enter my RSA SecurID passcode. I enter this and get an "Access Denied" "Re-enter your passcode or wait for the next token and re-enter" error because the username is the AD one and it can't find my RSA SecurID user. If I instead enter my RSA SecureID username in the settings, then I am prompted for my SecurID passcode, I enter it, it starts authenticating, starts loading the connection and then gives an error "Login failed" "User name and/or password are incorrect" since my password to connect to the actual view desktop is invalid.

5 Posts

Excuse the cross-posting. Is there a fix for this yet? 

I just bought the PocketCloud Pro for $14.99. 

On a Windows 7 Laptop, my VMWare View 4.5 connection works like it should. On the iPad running the PocketCloud Pro it fails at the RSA authentication. I just end up in the loop like the first post described. 

On the RSA log monitor I do not see where the PocketCloud app is even trying to pass along credentials. The app just fails and RSA sees no attempts at authentication. 

Thanks. 

-mark

34 Posts

Any word on whether this issue was resolved? As I understand it, connecting via PocketCloud using two-factor with RSA works if the RSA and AD usernames are the same, but not if they are different. We would like not to have the names match...

No Events found!