Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 23:00

Gets stuck at Disconnect

Gets stuck at Disconnect

Everything works great, except when I try to end a session. I hit the back button and get a screen that says disconnect session? However, I don't see any Yes/No buttons or anything. I tried clicking everywhere and tried hitting the back button many times, but it doesn't do anything. It just sits on that disconnect screen.

I am using and Android Honeycomb tablet.

August 3rd, 2015 23:00

I have a screenshot, but it won't let me post attachments.

1.3K Posts

August 12th, 2015 04:00

On the tablet device, you can tap the PocketCloud logo in the upper left within the application to view the version number of the application.

What tablet device are you experiencing this on and what is the Android firmware version number?

What version of Windows 7 are you running (Home, Professional, Ultimate)?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

Well in the about menu I get the same problem, just the big icon, but when I check in the list of installed programs it say it's 1.2.173.
Did a new installation but no change.

1.3K Posts

Can you post a screen shot for me? You can upload the screenshot somewhere (imageshack or something) and link to it on the forum here. The application should not be cut off anywhere. This is where you find the version number:

Tablet UI:

Mobile UI:

If you tap either of those areas within the application you can see the version number. You can also check the version number by going into the device's settings, applications, manage applications, PocketCloud. It should say the version number under the name of the application at the top.

Josh Maurer

Nope, it's the original that it came with.

Thanks Josh!
My main device is a HTC and there it's working great so it's not such a big problem for me.
But I'm here if you need some more information about the 5570.

1.3K Posts

Do you know what version of PocketCloud you are using? Can you try uninstalling it and downloading it again from the Marketplace?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

NoWay,

Are you also running a custom ROM?

Josh Maurer

Have the same problem with a Samsung Galaxy mini (GT-S5570). 
Don't even see the text, only the icon that fills up the whole screen.
Works fine otherwise, just have to force close the program every time after use. :\

1.3K Posts

Does this happen all the time when disconnecting? What type of connection are you using (RDP, VNC, VMWareView) and what type of computer are you connecting to (Mac or PC, what OS)?

What version of PocketCloud and PocketCloud Companion are you using?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you. I have let our product team know about the issue and they are looking into it. I will let you know as soon as I have any new information for you.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

I must say, I have never seen that before. Unfortunately we do not support custom ROMs and that would explain the funky UI you are seeing. I would suggest running a non custom ROM to correct this.

Josh Maurer

Here are 2 screenshots. 1 is of the version screen the other of the disconnect screen.

It happens every time. I am using VNC to connect to a Windows 7 PC. I am running the latest version of PocketCloud (I can't seem to find the version which is normally under About). I am running the UltraVNC Server on the Win7 machine. 

I am running the exact same setup on my Android 2.3.4 phone and have no problem disconnecting from the same computer. They obviously work differently as the tablet version does not have a disconnect menu option.

I don't see the version number. I think that could be part of the problem. The OK button is cut off on the bottom of the screen. I am not sure what resolution the tablet version was designed for. 

I am using a Viewsonic G tablet with a custom rom. It is Honeycomb 3.0.1. This tablet has a 1024x600 resolution which seems PocketCloud might be written for a higher resolution (I'm guessing 1024x800).

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate.

No Events found!