Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2015 07:00

Horizontal Scroling

Horizontal Scroling

New user. I am trying the free app first. I can open and move the application window but cannot move horizontally within it. For example, within an email, I can only see half+/- of it. Possibly due to the free version and resolution? Nexus 7 and Windows 64 bit Pro.

1.3K Posts

July 28th, 2015 07:00

What version number of the application are you using? We released a new version last night. Would you be able to post a screen shot of what you are seeing?

You should be able to scroll within a application by tapping where you want the focus and use the scroll function on the touch pointer, or you can use a two finger gesture to scroll up and down, you can also use the pg up/pg down function keys. Please let me know if this helps.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

4 Posts

July 29th, 2015 01:00

Tried to write a ling Word 2010 note to test. Once I reached the end of the line to the right, it would not let me scroll back to the left. Could go vertically. Can only scroll the window but not within the program. Using the rulers on WORD, only 4 to 5 inches of the 8.5" sheet can be viewed but the rest cannot be accessed.

Used another program that has topographic maps and was able to move around, albeit slowly. Went back to Word, used the arrows to get to the right of the Word program screen, then all locked up. Could not even set a cursor or X out of the program.

Using version 1.3.112 downloaded and installed today. Can't post a screenshot as the Power-VolUp sequence does not work on my Nexus 7 (16 gb).

Also, after getting back to the computer desktop from Pocket Cloud, the Num Lock turns off.

Thanks for your ideas.

1.3K Posts

July 29th, 2015 01:00

You should be able to use the scroll bars within Word to scroll horizontally (just tested on a Nexus 7). 

Unfortunately we do not have any support for scrolling horizontally (touch pointer, gestures, etc.). 

You might want to put in a feature request using the following link:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/f...ts/entries/new

As for Num Lock being turned off, I haven't seen that behavior before. What method are you connecting with your computer with (VNC, RDP)? Also are using using the companion software for an auto-discovered connection or is this a manual connection? If you are using the companion, what version number is it?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

July 30th, 2015 00:00

Very interesting. I sent you a PM with a link to download a newer version of the companion software to see if it helps. Please let me know if you are experiencing the same trouble with the new companion.

Josh Maurer

4 Posts

I can scroll vertically. A bit sluggish but OK. Things degrade quickly once I try and start horizontal scrolling. I think I overwhelm the resources and things bog down. Should not happen. Winodws 7 Pro 64 bit with program on SSD. Using the Auto-Discover Connection with Pocket Cloud Companion. As far as version number 2.4.19
And after researching the Nexus 7 sreen grab again, it is Power & Vol down. I swear I read a site that said use Vol Up. Operator error as usual. Thanks for the follow up.

1.3K Posts

We are looking into a feature to lock the screen in place for a future release.

If you are using the touch pointer to move a scroll bar etc within a application, the best way to avoid moving the whole screen is to long press, then move the scroll bar. Hope this helps.

Josh Maurer

4 Posts

The newer version appeared better. I was able to move around using the arrows all session without freeze up. The cursor worked in WORD 2010 but only when I had the arrow on a long line of text. The arrows were faster.

I noticed that the entire program window (Word) moves when I move my finger around. It would work nicely if a way to lock the program window could be implemented.

Thanks for the help. I will continue to evaluate to decide on a purchase.

No Events found!