Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

July 28th, 2015 23:00

I am stumped

Unhappy I am stumped

I am about at my wits end with this project. I've been trying now for two weeks to get my Android 4G ATRIX cell phone and my wife's iPhone 4S 4G cell phone to remote into our main computer at home. I have read a hundred web pages and tried a hundred settings. I still get the Unable to connect to server error. The help in this web site has already been checked. Here is exactly what I have, maybe you can see something I can tweak.

I have installed Pocket Cloud on both phones. (appropriate versions)
I have installed Pocket Cloud Companion on the PC and ran set up without a flaw.
PC is running Windows 7 Professional.

I connect to the web using Comcast, and my PC is connected to a Linksys Router which is connected to the Surfboard Cable Modem which is also new model 6120 I think.

The PC is protected by Norton Security Suite. Windows Firewall is disabled by Norton.

I have tried an automatic set up on the phones and have successfully signed in and the PC shows on the list. When I select it to connect it eventually gives the cannot connect error.

I have verified that Remote Desktop is enabled on the PC in Windows and allows incoming connections from PC's outside of the network. I have verified that the Companion has set the Norton program security to always Allow the companion exe to run.

I can ping the Router from my PC at work, but not the PC.

I have enabled Port forwarding in the router for RDP port 3359 to a specific IP address which I cannot ping from another machine.

As you can see I've covered a ton of things here and still cannot get to this PC from the phones or my work for that matter.

What am I still doing wrong or not doing at all??

Specifics as requested by Roger M.:

1- What is the version NUMBER of PocketCloud you are using on your mobile device ?

Version 1.2.182

2- What are the exact error messages (if any) that you are getting:
a- on your MOBILE DEVICE?: Connection Failed Could Not Connect To Server
b- on your REMOTE COMPUTER?: Have never connected - None

3- What version NUMBER of PocketCloud Windows or Mac Companion is innstalled on your Remote Computer?

Version 2.4.12.0

Thanks..... 
David

1.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 21:00

Hello David, lets see if we can get this figured out.

What I would like you to do is enabling debug on the companion so we can possibly see what might be blocking the connection. To do this:
-Right click on the kite icon in the system tray on your Windows 7 PC
-Select Preferences
-Navigate to the Advanced tab
-Check the Enable Debug option
-Close the PocketCloud Companion application
-Right click on the kite icon again
-Sign out
-Sign back in

From here, what I would like you to do is temporarily disable your anti-virus software as well as the Windows firewall and attempt to connect using auto discovery.

If you are still unable to connect, right click on the kite icon again and navigate back to the Advanced tab again. Click on the ... button next to where you enabled debugging and save or copy the text from the log file and send it to me directly (I sent you a PM with my contact information).

From here we will take a look at the log and see if there is something helpful in the log you send us. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

2 Posts

August 6th, 2015 20:00

RE: Stumped

Thanks Josh, I'll check this tonight. I did not get your PM, can you resend.

David 

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Hello David, lets see if we can get this figured out.

What I would like you to do is enabling debug on the companion so we can possibly see what might be blocking the connection. To do this:
-Right click on the kite icon in the system tray on your Windows 7 PC
-Select Preferences
-Navigate to the Advanced tab
-Check the Enable Debug option
-Close the PocketCloud Companion application
-Right click on the kite icon again
-Sign out
-Sign back in

From here, what I would like you to do is temporarily disable your anti-virus software as well as the Windows firewall and attempt to connect using auto discovery.

If you are still unable to connect, right click on the kite icon again and navigate back to the Advanced tab again. Click on the ... button next to where you enabled debugging and save or copy the text from the log file and send it to me directly (I sent you a PM with my contact information).

From here we will take a look at the log and see if there is something helpful in the log you send us.

1.3K Posts

August 6th, 2015 20:00

I sent the message again this morning at 7:26am (PST). 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!