Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2015 02:00

I upgraded from Free to Pro and it doesn't work any more

I upgraded from Free to Pro and it doesn't work any more

Hi, I'm running PocketCloud on an Archos 101 tablet under Android 2.2.1

I started with the free version of PocketCloud and established a manual RDP connection to my Windows Home Server Service Pack 2. This works fine, but I need the option to enable remote sound which is a feature of the Pro and not the Free version of Pocket Cloud.

I bought the Pro version and input the connection manually again, but it doesn't connect to my server any more. The error message is "Could not connect to server" I believe I have typed in all the addresses, login IDs and passwords correctly.

(The first time in it asked me to OK a security certificate, which I did. This request doesn't appear again.)

Help, please.
Thanks
Mark

925 Posts

August 1st, 2015 02:00

HI Mark, I am guessing this is a vnc connection. Can you try doing an auto connection using gmail signin process. Does it work? You will need pocketcloud companion installed on your host computer. The forum has a top level entry for the companion download.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

7 Posts

August 6th, 2015 21:00

Hi Suchitha, thank you for your reply. I installed the companion software on my server (When asking for the Google account login details it assumes I have a qwerty keyboard and not the French azerty one that I am using, but I got around that). My PocketCloud Pro finds the server correctly, and on the second attempt the login is successful. The first one always fails. BUT if I edit the connection details it ceases to connect once I have saved the edits. I initially edited the connection to enter the login ID and password so I don't have to keep on doing it. But in fact if I got to edit the connection details, and make no changes, it still stops working. (The free version continues to work perfectly during all of this.) So there is still a problem here.

No Events found!