Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 31st, 2015 03:00

Log-in help please???

Log-in help please???

it took me a little while to set it all up on both my android phone and my pc as i couldn't get them to find eachother, In the end i set it up manually through the RDP settings and now my android phone finds my pc and recognises that i am using windows 7 ultimte etc...
now the problem i am having is every time i try to connect it tells me that my username or password is incorrect, on both set up screens i used my googlemail email address and password, i done the same when i went through the RDP manual set up in the username i put my Gmail email and in the password i obviously entered the same password, no matter how many times i try it just refuses to sign me in and always says my username or password is incorrect.

is there something i have missed or done wrong??? please any help or info would be much appreciated, if you need more detail then please ask away   thanks in advance....

2 Posts

July 31st, 2015 03:00

very strange, i now have my pc popped up with the auto discovery so i thought great now i might be able to get some where, i looked on the settings for the auto found windows pc, username and password was blank, so i entered my google credentials again and tried to log in same happened again invalid username or password, so i then thought it may be the username/password for my windows user as i have no password on my windows user i just entered the username and tried to log in again, this time i got the message - logon faliure: user account restriction. possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has been entered.

does this mean i have to create a password for my windows user, or is there some setting i have failed to change correctly??? knowing my luck its something really simple lol but as i say any help would be much appreciated  

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 02:00

Dear Matt,

Google:
Google username/password is different from the windows username/password.
google username/password is the gmail address/password you use to check your gmail or any other google service.

windows:
Windows username and password is user account on the remote computer.
Please make sure you have a password set for this user account. computer-rightclick-manage-local users-set password
Device/phone:
So in your application settings page you put gmail address/password.
In your connection property window you put the username/password for your remote computer.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!