Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Y2

July 31st, 2015 03:00

Hi - I have not found this particular problem on the forum. I have PocketCloud installed on a Droid (1st gen). When I try to log in with my Gmail info I get the response "you have logged out successfully". I have confirmed that I can log onto the account through the Droid and my PC. Suggestions?

Thanks

August 11th, 2015 22:00

Update: Tried the app a couple hours later. I noticed it says "Discovered connections (OFF), and again it will not connect or allow a login.

Sorry - can't get the manual connection to work. And I still have to start, exit and start again if I want to see the whole Win 7 screen. Losing interest in this app. It may be really useful someday, but it will have to be frendlier and more reliable before I'll be sold.

500 Posts

Yojimbo, sorry for inconvenience. We are working on this bug. It should be fixed in upcoming release

Suchitha - No I don't. Even if I did, that would not explain why the right 25% of the desktop is also not displayed until I exit and re-start.

Lana - It does work (as I explained above). I should not have to go through that every time I use the app.

925 Posts

Yoji, What does the desktop companion status say? Is it logged out there?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Yoji, Please click on the windows key. you probably have taskbar hide option enabled on the desktop.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

I will look forward to that. As I said, I think the app has good potential.

500 Posts

For "logged off successfully" issue please try these steps:

Exit PocketCloud app
Android Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Click On PocketCloud and Click Force Stop
Reboot Android device > login to PocketCloud

It should work

Hi again. So - I'm beginning to find some consistencies with my testing. 

First, the log-in problem seems to be related to how PocketCloud disconnects. I have found that when I am having the log-in problem, if I go into the Application controls on the phone and force close the application and then restart it, it will work. If I simply disconnect at the end of a session, the app does not appear to disconnect completely. I'm guessing that it won't allow me to log in because I'm still logged in in some way. A force-close allows the app to reinitialize and it begins working properly again. Perhaps a "Log off" function might help? 

Second, the view problem is quite consistent - the first time I log in I'm unable to see all of the home PC screen. If I disconnect and immediately log in again, the whole screen is visible. This has happened every time I have tested it.

OK - the problem is back. The app worked a couple times, but then it started consistently saying that my computer was off line or unavailable (it was running and on-line), and now it is back to saying I have "logged off successfully" every time I log on. I have tried removing and reinstalling the app twice now, and reboot ing the computer and removing and reinstalling the host program.

This could be a very useful app, but it is starting to look buggy and unreliable.

500 Posts

Yojimbo, is it Win 7 PRO or Win7 Home Edition? RDP or VNC connection?
Sign out from auto discovery issue sometimes related to poor network signal. Could you please try to create manual connection to your PC, then you do not need Auto Discovery sign in.

Click + to add IP address, username and password of your PC

Win7 Home edition and VNC. I'll try the manual connection tonight - I don't have the IP here.

No Events found!