Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 1st, 2015 04:00

New update not working on my device

New update not working on my device

Hi Pocket Cloud did an auto update a couple of days ago, and now I cannot get it to work on my device. I have the paid for Pro Version which did work extremely well before the update.
My device is a WitsTech A81G 7" Tab, and I use it extensively for getting emails from my home laptop whilst working. The problem is that everything works as normal discovered devices appear, but when you connect Pocket cloud just restarts again.

As I have had this problem with Skype, after Google introduced a device certification scheme for the app with an update, and I wonder if the same has happened here. Googles device certificate scheme may be in breach of EU rules. If someone from Wyse can confirm whether this is the case or if it just a problem with update, I would be very grateful. If it down to google's actions, may I suggest that you have the apk directly available from your site. Up until yesterday a VERY satisfied Android customer.

Steve

8 Posts

August 1st, 2015 04:00

Just as a thought, could someone let me have an apk of the previous version as I am lost without it.

8 Posts

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Hi Thanks for coming back to me.

Since Pocket Cloud did an auto update a few days ago It will not work on my device, which is a WitsTech MID 7" android running Froyo.
I have re-installed the OS and firmware on the device but still no-go.
I have re-installed PC Pro from Android market three times, still doesn't work.
I cannot understand why the previous version worked fine but the newer version doesnt.

Symptoms:

Pocket Cloud starts normally, Dark blue screen etc It discovers my ON computers, but selecting one, pocket cloud just goes into reverse and goes to a blank screen for about ten seconds then restarts over again back to a blue screen and device discovery and you can go on like this for hours.
It never gets to the Connect Password box..ever.
I am using it with TightVNC on my laptop, and that part is fine, as I can connect to it from other Laptops, and it must be OK as the unit is discovered.
The reason I had drawn a parallel with the Skype App, is that it did and still does exactly the same behaviour after becoming Device Certificated with Google after an update.

I have tried setting up a new manual connect, but that just does the same thing, PC Pro just blanks and restarts.

What I would really like is to have the app back prior to this auto update as I am convinced that will work fine again.

The PC Pro Version is 1.2.237, and I have tried it on both Internal memory and from SD card, no change. 
I use it on both Wi-Fi and via 3G modem via the Device's OTG USB port, but the connection method makes no difference

I think that the new version may be carrying an Android Market Device certificate which restricts it to certified devices only.

I await a solution to this, as what was working fine is not now, and I miss it.

Many Thanks

Steve

925 Posts

Hi Steve,

I am trying to understand your concerns.
what is the companion version?
what is the pocketcloud app version?
Are you connecting using vnc or rdp?
Are you on wifi or 3g?
Can you connect to this desktop manually?
Please let us know.

Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

8 Posts

As an update to this saga, I have just installed PC Pro on my HTC Wildfire, (which is a Google Certified Device), and no problems at all. For me it's too small and i cant see it, which is why I used it on a 7" device.
As a suggestion, download the app from the market, and compare the code in the apk to your original before uploading to the market, and see if Android market has "added" anything to it.

Kind Regards

Steve

8 Posts

August 12th, 2015 02:00

As Luck would have it, I captured two photo's last week of Wyse Pocket Cloud Pro working very satisfactorily on my MID Device before the update.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...w/IMAG0091.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...w/IMAG0092.jpg

Thanks again for sorting this out.

Steve

8 Posts

OS on both my remote computers is Win7. One is 32bit and the other 64bit, but neither work. I dont think it's anything to do with the Remote PC's as both splashtop and Teamviewer, work fine, trouble is neither of them is as good as Wyse Pocket Cloud. Try looking at the APK itself before and after D/L'ing from Android market is what I suggest.

Steve

500 Posts

Steve,

Could you please let me know what OS is running on your remote computer? Is it Win XP Pro?

Thank you

8 Posts

Bump: still looking for a solution to this.....

8 Posts

I just tried some more experiments, I downloaded the free app that I used to have, that doesn't work either, same behaviour. I did that through Android market from the PC, and it says it is compatible with both my devices. So I am now at a loss. I D/L'd Splashtop Remote, and that works fine, but it's nowhere near as good as Wyse PC Pro, and doesnt connect over a 3G network FI.

So, still looking for answers.

Steve

No Events found!