Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M2

July 29th, 2015 00:00

No mouse with Galaxy Note 2

No mouse with Galaxy Note 2

l have used pocket cloud OK on an HTC Desire to run RDP Session. With Samsung Galaxy Nole 2 l can log k but can not interact via the keyboard or mouse In any way to control the remote PC.l Am using v4.1.1 of Android on my device

1.3K Posts

July 29th, 2015 00:00

Is the touch pointer stuck in the middle of the screen by any chance? 

Please make sure the following developer options are disabled:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...reen-Devices-u 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

July 30th, 2015 06:00

Thanks for your suggestioJosh but the pointer is free to move and the developer options are all disabled. I have noticed that I sometimes an able to exercise some mouse control but only once or twice at He beginning of a session, and that is not every time.

August 1st, 2015 05:00

I uninstalled and reinstalled pocket cloud. I even installed the free pocket companion on my PC (I am giving every option a try). The same happened. I had mouse and keyboard controll of my remote PC for a few minutes, then lost it again.

1.3K Posts

I would maybe try uninstalling and re-installing the application. You will not need to purchase it again as long as you are signed into the Google Play store with the same account you purchased it from.

Are you able to interact with the desktop at all or does that not work as well? If you are unable to interact with the desktop, it is possible that the connection is being lost somehow. Also make sure to add PocketCloud to any allowed applications lists within your firewall and anti-virus. 

Josh Maurer

I just tried this again after a month. I was able to select and navigate with the mouse for a few minutes, and then for no aparant reason, I lost control as I have noted above. However, if I now disconect and restart the phone, I still have no control over the session. Very strange.

thanks again Josh
I am trying to use either the stylus or my finger and neither work. 
l Can connect to my pc, but once concerted l am unable to use either fee mouse or the keyboard. 
It is version 1.3.216 of pocketcloud. l don't use pocketCompanion and don't see what l need that for. l am just trying to conwect via RDP. It works perfectly on my HTC Desire' l am using manual discovery' l can't see how anw discovery would work in my environment le: l can't see why Google needs to sit between me and my PC when simply using RDP

Thank's again for your reply
l suspected that auto discovery was of no additional benefit to me.
l can confirm that l am not using Bluetooth at all.
l have already restarted my phone a few times but this has made w difference.
l was not sure about removing and re-installing the application as l thought l would therefore need to purchase another copy again'
l can see the keyboard and touch pointer on the screen but can't interact with it at all.

1.3K Posts

Auto-discovery is not needed, the google sign in just make the setup easier for users who may not know how to or have the ability to set up a manual connection. This avoids users from having to set up port forwarding etc.

As for the touch pointer and keyboard, do you have any bluetooth devices (keyboard or mouse) connected to your device? Having a device paired can stop the on screen keyboard and touch pointer from being active if the device thinks you are using a bluetooth version.

Are you able to see the keyboard and touch pointer on screen but you are just unable to interact with them? Have you tried force stopping the application or re-installing it to see if that helps?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Are you using the stylus when you are unable to use the mouse? What exactly are you experiencing? Are you still using RDP to connect? Is this a manual or auto discovered connection? What version of PocketCloud and PocketCloud Companion are you using?

Josh Maurer

August 4th, 2015 21:00

I may have spoken too soon! I just experienced the problem again a couple of times. I can confirm that I still have conectivity as I can still see normal activity on the screen (pictures updating, time moving on etc). I can feel the haptic feedback when I click on various things, but the mouse and the keyboard have no effect. If I go into Aplications manager and force a stop to the running PocketCloud, then when I start it again I have full control for a period of time again. I have not worked out any pattern as to when/why it stops yet.

PS: Thanks for removing all the spam that apeared on this post!!

1.3K Posts

Are you using a custom rom or anything on the Galaxy 2?

Josh Maurer

I am not sure what you mean by a "custom rom". As far as I am aware this is a stock standard unit that I purchased from Telstra Australia.

1.3K Posts

I was referring to a custom rooted firmware. Some users experience issues with our application when they have a custom rom installed.

Would you be willing to try doing a factory reset on your device to see if that could resolve the issue? I am curious if that would help.

Josh Maurer

Has anyone had sucess with using pocket cloud with a Samsung Galaxy Note II ?

1 Message

yes. I have a same problem on note2 lte in Hong Kong. I use finger and can seen the desktop is still update (clock) but both mouse and keyboard commend dont send to remote side. reconnect is usless.

but after sometime. I kill the process on note2 lte and reconnect with wifi. it work again.

before the problem I have change the setting that use1024 x768 res other then auto

No Events found!