Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 02:00

No special characters on Galaxy Note 2

No special characters on Galaxy Note 2

I have used PocketCloud Pro on iPhone successfuly for over a year to login to various Windows systems (Win 7, 20003, etc.). On one of those systems I use a 3270 terminal emulation product (Vista 3270 from TomBrennanSoftware.com) to emulate mainframe terminals.

I just got a Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon) and installed the free version of PocketCloud for Android to test before upgrading to the Pro version. I manually configured the RDP session and entered only the nickname, host address, user name, password and domain fields. No other options were entered. I use the standard Samsung keyboard.

When using the terminal emulator software I cannot enter any special characters (.,;'!@#, etc.). I press the key and nothing shows on the screen and the cursor does not move. Numbers and letters (lower and upper case) seem to be ok.

I also tried the Swype keyoard as well as installing the ICS and Go keyboards but got the same results. This problem only occurs when using the terminal emulator. PocketCloud for iPhone works fine.

I also tried both the 2X and Jump products and they work fine but I prefer PocketCloud and would like to continue to use it.

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 22:00

Thanks for your help on this jmcdill. Unfortunately I do not have any updates as of right now. I will let you know as soon as we have any or if we need access to your test environment again for testing.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

4 Posts

Josh,

I'm having the same problem on my Transformer Prime TF201. I've been using PocketCloud for several months and I have had no problems entering the special characters in the emulator screen until a couple weeks ago. I have tried with the attached keyboard using the shift and number keys and using the touchscreen keyboard. Neither will work now yet they worked just fine a few weeks ago. This occurs only when I am trying to enter them in the emulator. They work fine in all other entries.

4 Posts

Does this mean there is no fix in the near future? I'm really disappointed. I've been using PocketCloud Pro and have been quite happy with it. If there is not going to be fix soon, I will have to find another app to replace.it.

14 Posts

Why does it work fine in the iPhone version?

4 Posts

I am not sure when I updated PocketCloud, whenever the last update was pushed to Android tablets. I ususally update when I see one pending. My last firmware update was probably about 3 months ago. The keyboard is the same one I bought when I bought the tablet.

Thanks for your help with this

1.3K Posts

I hope we get something out soon for you. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

14 Posts

Josh, would it be possible to get an older realease (before the keyboard code got broke!) to install and test?

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 23:00

Unfortunately the issue is still not fixed as of right now which leads me to believe engineering has moved it to the release after the May one. Engineering let me know the fix would have a lot of risk to add this far along in the development of the next release. So I think they are going to wait until the next release cycle.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

14 Posts

Josh, Any chance this problem will be fixed in the May release?

1.3K Posts

Unfortunately the issue has not been resolved yet and is no longer scheduled for the next release. My apologies for the long wait and no resolution yet. Our engineers are aware of the issue, but unfortunately it will take more time to fix than they originally told me.

Josh Maurer

4 Posts

I would like to know how long it's going to be also. I'm really disappointed that your engineers don't think this is worth the time it takes to fix it. My company insists on using special characters in the passwords, it is not my choice to use them. This makes PocketCloud useless to me, since I can no longer sign on.

14 Posts

Josh, can you estimate when it might be fixed? I understand how difficult that is but I'm just trying to understand if you are talking weeks, months or years.

14 Posts

Josh, any progress on this issue? I need to make a decision soon and notify clients.

1.3K Posts

Our apologies for all of the delays with this. We are still trying to work out priorities of issues we have and also how long they will take to fix etc. We have a release planned for beginning to mid May at this point, but we do not have a date or what issues will be resolved at this point.

Josh Maurer

No Events found!