Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N2

July 31st, 2015 05:00

Please help! I'm unable to connect to my PC from Android or iphone

Please help! I'm unable to connect to my PC from Android or iphone

It was working fine until 2 days ago. It was showing my PC as not connected, so I deleted and now its not auto discovering. I even manually entered and nothing.

1- What is the version NUMBER of PocketCloud you are using on your mobile device - See link below if you don't know how to find this information)? 1.2.139
2- What version of Windows are you using on your Remote computer(e.g. XP Pro, Vista Home, Win 7 Ultimate)? Win 7 Ultimate
3- What are the exact error messages that you are getting? Not auto detecting
On MOBILE DEVICE: None
On COMPUTER: Not autodiscovery
4- Have you installed the PocketCloud Windows or Mac Companion on your Remote Computer? yES
5- If yes, what version NUMBER (e.g. 2.1.14, 1.0.32S)?2.2.15
6- Can connect to your desktop PC from another PC? YES
7- Can you connect to your desktop using (Yes/No):
a- Wi-Fi yES
b- 3G/4G yES

I am able to remote access my pc from other apps, just not pocket cloud. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps and nothing. I appreciate any assistance!

If I could get this to work again, I would purchase the pay version.

Thanks!

I have logged out of the app numerous time to auto discover and nothing!

Tried that, even logged out of the android app and still not auto discovering the pc.

500 Posts

Please logout from Windows Companion on your PC.
Start > type Services into the "Search Programs and Files" textfield > select Wyse PocketCloud > Restart
Then login to Windows Comapnion again. See if you can see your PC discovered in PocketCloud

August 4th, 2015 00:00

try this:
go into pocketcloud on your desktop. right click --> preference --> advanced --> Run Diagnostics

you might have a problem listening to the port that you set it to. if it says it's not listening, try going into your router and set port forwarding for that port and try again. That might be the case.

544 Posts

August 11th, 2015 06:00

Sounds like your Office network is preventing the Auto Discovered connection from working. Have your IT department:
1) Ensure that outgoing ports 5222 and 443 are open.
2) Ensure that the DNS name "talk.google.com" is resolvable.

Manual connection will not work in a corporate setting unless:
1) Both your Office computer and Android device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
2) Your IT department sets up port mapping.

-Chris

It says both ports not listening. I am unable to access the router since I'm at work...

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonl View Post
Why would it work then suddenly stop?

With Manual connection I am on the same wifi network.

Maybe your IT department changed something? We should be able to get the Manual connection to work though if both your PC and Android device are on the same network. Please right click on the kite icon next to your clock and go to Support > System Information. Make sure that the IP address listed on that page is what you have entered into the manual connection in PocketCloud. Also right click the kite icon and select Preferences. Then go to Advanced > Run Diagnostics. What does it say?

544 Posts

Hi -

1) When you right click on the kite icon next to your clock does it show "Sign in" or "Sign out"?
2) In PocketCloud on your mobile device, does your desktop show up under "Discovered" or "Manual"?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Sounds like your Office network is preventing the Auto Discovered connection from working. Have your IT department:
1) Ensure that outgoing ports 5222 and 443 are open.
2) Ensure that the DNS name "talk.google.com" is resolvable.

Manual connection will not work in a corporate setting unless:
1) Both your Office computer and Android device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
2) Your IT department sets up port mapping.

-Chris

Why would it work then suddenly stop?

With Manual connection I am on the same wifi network.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Hi -

1) When you right click on the kite icon next to your clock does it show "Sign in" or "Sign out"?
2) In PocketCloud on your mobile device, does your desktop show up under "Discovered" or "Manual"?

1) It shows sign out. I've signed out & in numerous times.
2) Doesn't show up in Discovered, I enter it manually and it shows up but unable to connect       

No Events found!