Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 21:00

Please tell me these "features" can be disabled somehow?

Please tell me these "features" can be disabled somehow?

I found the perfect RDP that actually works over the net, no IP's, no hacks...just works - GREAT!

...then I found that the developer ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED IT.

Fit to screen, doesn't work...it snaps to fit when selected, but doesn't STAY that way...If I select fit to screen, I'm selecting it because (call me crazy) I WANT IT TO FIT TO SCREEN! Why does it "forget" that instantly? What RATIONAL USEABILITY reason is there for that?

The mouse...really? A stupid little utility? WHY? Just let me use the freakin Windows mouse cursor that's already there!!! Ugh! That stupid little utility makes it a pain in the *** to control the remote system. WHY did they replace it with that freakin' utility?

Sorry, just irritated, I've been looking for a good RDP app to work over the net (like this one does do!) and when I finally find one I find the developers completely wrecked it; it's just annoying!

Grrrr 

Maybe there is an option I haven't found to change these two behavioral items? I've searched and haven't found anything...Am I missing something?

Thanks for any and all responses...I REALLY WANT TO BUY THIS APP; but can't until it actually works as it should.

1.3K Posts

The Pro version allows you to set custom resolutions for each connection to fit your screen. The fit to screen option you mentioned above is actually the Quick Zoom feature that will quickly zoom the screen. You can also use pinch and zoom with your fingers to zoom the screen in and out.

As for the mouse, not all devices support being able to hide the touch pointer. If your device shows the menu button options, you should be able to hide the touch pointer. If not, unfortunately there is no way to disable the touch pointer on your device. We are currently looking into being able to hide/unhide the touch pointer for all devices.

Please if you have any other suggestions or feature requests, please fill out our feature request form and our product team will review it and hopefully will make it into a future release:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/f...ts/entries/new

I hope this helps.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

You can also do a custom resolution if the automatic setting doesnt fit the screen how you would like it to. As for locking the screen, that is another feature we are working on adding in a future release.

Be sure to put in your vote here on the current feature request:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...dp-connections 

Josh Maurer

4 Posts

Ok, im trying out pro version...the automatic screen resoltion there is much better BUT, how can i get it to "lock" the screen so it wint scroll into emtpy space?

1 Message

August 3rd, 2015 22:00

I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GT-P7510) running Android 3.2 and am using PocketCloud Pro. Per Samsung’s specs the screen resolution of my tablet is 1280 by 800. I am trying to set the screen resolution on PocketCloud so that the desktop will not scroll into empty space. If I select the “automatic” screen resolution or any of the pre-set resolutions I can still scroll the desktop both horizontally and vertically into empty space. I was hoping that selecting the proper “custom resolution” would remedy this problem but I haven’t been able to find the proper resolution. What resolution should I use to avoid this problem, or is there another setting in PocketCloud or on the Galaxy Tab that will remedy it?

Thanks.

1.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 22:00

The empty space you can scroll into is intentional so you can move the touch pointer into areas of the screen you would not be able to reach if the screen was fixed (if you needed to click something on the far top right of the screen or anything on the bottom of the screen). 

You should play around with the custom resolution to find what will fit your device best. Please let me know if this clarifies what you are seeing?

Josh Maurer

No Events found!