Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

August 2nd, 2015 03:00

Pocket cloud crashes as soon as i try to use the keyboard

Pocket cloud crashes as soon as i try to use the keyboard

Hi All,

Pocket cloud crashes as soon as i try to use the keyboard. I am able to connect to a windows machine by RDP, but when i try to use the keyboard. Pocket Cloud crashes and Android restarts. 

Do you have any idea about a solution to my problem?

My tablet is a ZTE tablet V9 with Android 2.2 .
I have one Galaxy Tab with the same configurations. On this tablet, all works.The strange think is that the galaxy one is android 2.2 too.

Regards,

Glauco Alves

August 6th, 2015 03:00

Hi Josh. I am using the last version of PocketCloud as i installed the software on the last Sunday.
I am not using the Companion software on the computer that i am trying to connect. Actually, i am sure that this is not the problem as i am able to connect with my Galaxy Tab 7 android 2.2 and use the keyboard.The same scenario that ends in a crash of android when using the ZTE V9 Tablet.

On the device, i have the language set to brazillian portuguese.And on the PocketCloud, i have the language keyboard as United States English. The same configuration that i have on my Galaxy Tab 7 android 2.2.

On this link, http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_v9-3903.php , you can find more details about the device.

Thanks,

Glauco Alves

1.3K Posts

August 6th, 2015 03:00

What version of PocketCloud are you using? Are you using the Companion software on the computer you are connecting to? Are you using a 3rd party keyboard or do you have a different language set on the device and/or keyboard? The more details you can provide about the device you are experiencing this on the better we can troubleshoot it and try to reproduce it in house. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

August 13th, 2015 09:00

Hi Josh,

The PocketCloud version that i am using is a free version as i am testing it.
The windows version is a Windows Server 2003 and the language keyboard configured on this server machine, i don't know, but should be Portuguese ABNT2. I will verify once i get in home as now i am working.
I will update the version, test the connection again and let you know more details about the keyboard server configuration.

But, i don't believe that the keyboard server configuration has relation with the problem as i am able to use the keyboard with my galaxy tablet. I suspect that maybe the problem is specific with ZTE V9 Tablet. Is there any history about this problem with another consumers?

I found some threads with similar descriptions but without solution.

Anyway, i will update the version that i am using and let you know about if it has worked or not.

Thank you very much for the attention.

1.3K Posts

No problem and please let me know.

I am thinking this may be something specific to the ZTE V9 device, but I cannot confirm that just yet. Hopefully we can get this figured out.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Are you using PocketCloud Pro or the Free version? We released a new version of the Free application yesterday in the Android Market (1.2.182). If you are using the Free version, try updating to the latest version to see if that helps.

So I can try to reproduce the issue in house, please answer the following questions for me:

-What version of Windows are you using (XP, Vista, 7, Home, Professional, Ultimate, etc.)
-What is the exact language you have it set to on your computer? I am seeing multiple keyboards from Portuguese (Brazil). I have the following options: ABNT & ABNT2.

Please let me know.

Josh Maurer

No Events found!