Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N2

July 29th, 2015 01:00

Pocketcloud is awesome...but arrow keys will not work!!! Help please

Pocketcloud is awesome...but arrow keys will not work!!! Help please

Hi, first time poster here. I just recently got a samsung galaxy tablet and loaded pocketcloud on it right away so I could control my work computer which is running windows XP. Everything connected perfect and I can use email and access programs and files. However, when I tied to run a unix based point of sale program I realized the tablet keyboard had no arrow keys (the point of sale software is not mouse compatible so you have to use arrow keys to navigate through menus). So I downloaded a new keyboard app "hackers keyboard" which has the arrow keys but they still will not work with the point of sale software. I would love to have this available to me so I could leave my laptop at home when travelling. Any Suggestions on a better keyboard app which may work or how to troubleshoot this quirk?
Thanks

500 Posts

July 29th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

Thank you for using PocketCloud.
I will transfer this request to our developers. And if there is any way they can control this, they will fix it!

Best Regards

July 29th, 2015 04:00

Aix

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post

Arrow keys are available on the Extras keyboard, on the tablet you can get to it by the touch pointer, or the top bar

i am having the same issue trying to run a point of sale for an AIX server. i need function "F" keys as well as arrow, and page up and down keys. has anyone found a solution?

500 Posts

July 29th, 2015 04:00

Arrow keys are available on the Extras keyboard, on the tablet you can get to it by the touch pointer, or the top bar

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 22:00

sgamble, Can you not access the Extras keyboard? It should look like this:

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

August 12th, 2015 00:00

We have a Transformer Prime with the TF201 mobile dock/keyboard/touch pad and the arrow keys are functioning properly with RDP and VNC. What connection type are you using? 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

August 12th, 2015 00:00

Extras keyboard arrow keys will work, but they are not what you want when you have a physical keyboard

Oddly the arrow keys seem to work for ksh, but not for vi. (I know, I know, old-skool unix nerd....)

I have an Asus TF700 with the keyboard. I think Wyse should buy the developers one so they can fix this right.

No Events found!