Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S2

August 1st, 2015 22:00

Pocketcloud sometimes works, sometimes doens't

Pocketcloud sometimes works, sometimes doens't

Since a couple of days I have pocketcloud on Android, on my Galaxy Tab 10.1. It worked for a short while, and it was great. Half an hour later I tried to connect again, and it failed. Pocketcloud says it is 'connecting' for quite a while, and then gives a 'connection failed'.
I reinstalled the apps, both on my pc and tab, and tried again -> Worked greatly. Later it did not work anymore, same message as before. Why? I mean, it either works or it doesn't, but this is really quite frustrating. I am doing exactly the same, and it just doesn't work.
Please, do you have any idea?

1.3K Posts

August 1st, 2015 22:00

When you try to connect again are you using the same network you did when you were able to connect? Are you connecting over wifi or 3g/4g? Are you using a manual connection or auto-discovery? If you are using auto-discovery, what version of PocketCloud and PocketCloud Companion are you using? 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Yes, I am using the same network. I am connecting over wifi and using auto-discovery. Version: 1.2.182.
Now it shows my computer as 'unavailable', whereas the windows companion gives 3 okays.

1.3K Posts

August 13th, 2015 00:00

What version of the Companion software are you using? While your computer displays as 'unavailable', if you right click on the Companion (kite) icon in the system tray does it show a green dot and say "Sign out - account@gmail.com" or does it have a red dot and say "Sign in - account@gmail.com"? 

Josh Maurer

August 13th, 2015 00:00

Dear Josh, Thanks for all your quick replies, great service! However, I have seemed to have worked it all out. Not sure what the problem was, I think the Windows Companion didn't start automatically when rebooting. Now, it seems that it does. I am at work now and I just managed to log on to my computer at home. This is so awesome, I am amazed by the technology, but I am definitely not an expert. Now being able to put on a download from work, so that it's has finished when I'm home again, is just absolutely fantastic! Could you finally tell me in short what the advantages are when using the paid-version of pocketcloud?

1.3K Posts

August 13th, 2015 01:00

Glad it is working and that you like it!

Here is a quick Free vs Pro comparison for you:

Josh Maurer

No Events found!