Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

Problem Logging-in to PC Companion for Auto Discovery

Problem Logging-in to PC Companion for Auto Discovery

I just purchased PocketCloud (version:1.1.208) and I’m having trouble setting it up to access my home computer.

Phone: Verizon Motorola Droid X
Android Version: 2.2.1
PC: Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Connection method: Auto Discovery

When I try to log-in to the PocketCloud Companion on my PC a window pops up saying:

“The PocketCloud Service is currently not running. Please start the services by following these steps…etc, etc”

When I follow those steps by going to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Wyse PocketCloud it shows it as started.

I’ve tried stopping and restarting it and I get the same message even though it appears to be “started”.

Also, when I test the RDP and VNC connectivity it fails to both ports.

I’ve tried going to Windows Firewall Settings and making sure that the following exceptions are checked: PocketCloud Service, Routing and Remote Access, TightVNC Server, TightVNC Server

I’ve also gone to Control Panel > System > Remote Settings and made sure that “Allow Remote Assistance” is checked.

Can you tell me what else I can do to get this up and running?

1 Message

Hello. I too am having problems connecting. From my pc, when I run Diagnostics everything is OK.
On my Droid Incredible the app sees my pc when I login. I guess where I'm lost is when it wants me to enter
"Credentials" I enter the same login info, my email and email password but, it just keeps coming back to the same screen.

2 Posts

Hi Lana.

Thank you for your support.
I've already tested the VNC port 5900 connection and it says it failed.

I looked at the options in VNC and "allow loopback connections" is checked.

Any more advice?

500 Posts

Make sure you are running latest Windows Companion version 2.1.5

Please follow next steps:

1)Right click on Windows Companion icon > Auto Discovery Settings > login using Google account
2)Under Options tab in VNC port window enter 5900
3)Run Connectivity test 

VNC to port 5900 should be successful.

Also check VNC, make sure "Allow loopback connections" checkbox is checked under Administration tab.

623 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RPFerg View Post

Hello. I too am having problems connecting. From my pc, when I run Diagnostics everything is OK.
On my Droid Incredible the app sees my pc when I login. I guess where I'm lost is when it wants me to enter
"Credentials" I enter the same login info, my email and email password but, it just keeps coming back to the same screen.

RPFerg,
The credential are required are the USername and Password for your PC.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

500 Posts

August 5th, 2015 23:00

Kcny,

What error message are you getting now?

August 13th, 2015 00:00

PocketCloudConfig.txt does not exist in Program Files(x86)\Wyse\PocketCloud Windows Companion. There is no Wyse folder under Program Files. I tried adding a blank txt document called PocketCloudConfig.txt to see if it would help, no dice.

2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RMontalvo View Post
RPFerg,
The credential are required are the USername and Password for your PC.

could you pls tell me how to find out that username and password.. i got same screen.. i can see my pc bacground pic on android but ask for username ans pass --- thank you

500 Posts

What Antivirus program is running on your PC?
It might be blocking Windows Companion. Could you please check it out?

500 Posts

Please modify the PocketCloudConfig.txt to use another port. You can find the config file in \Wyse\PocketCloud Windows Companion 
Modify "ControlPort":null settings value to "ControlPort":"27895" (or some other number) and restart the service and application. 

If this is not working we will send you a debug build to understand more on this issue. Let us know your results.

Running Microsoft Security Essentials. I tried disabling the antivirus, exited and re opened Windows Companion, no change. I also tried running Windows Companion with Run As Administrator while anti-virus was disabled, same error.

@lana, got any more suggestions? It seems this issue is not unique to me. I am willing to run a test build to help debug.

1 Message

Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post

Please modify the PocketCloudConfig.txt to use another port. You can find the config file in \Wyse\PocketCloud Windows Companion
Modify "ControlPort":null settings value to "ControlPort":"27895" (or some other number) and restart the service and application. 

If this is not working we will send you a debug build to understand more on this issue. Let us know your results.

Hi there,
I am having all the same problems that everyone else seems to be so, I thought I'd try the solution above. I don't seem to have a "PocketCloudConfig.txt" to modify though. Is that the problem?
Spike

500 Posts

Websuperman, please check your private messages

@lana, not sure if that was meant for me but I did read those same instructions earlier in the post and tried them without any luck. I don't get the error until I try to log in with the google account. The error I get is the one I posted above.

500 Posts

Make sure you are running latest Windows Companion version 2.1.5

Please follow next steps:

1)Right click on Windows Companion icon on the computer > Auto Discovery Settings > login using Google account
2)Under Options tab in VNC port window enter 5900
3)Run Connectivity test

No Events found!