Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 1st, 2015 23:00

Says Wyse Pocketcloud service is not running when inputting gmail to setup.

Says Wyse Pocketcloud service is not running when inputting gmail to setup.

Every time it says the service is not running when it clearly is in windows 7 services. I have stopped it, restarted it, and nothing changes that. I have downloaded an older companion to see if that fixes it and nothing. It seems it doesnt recognize the service is running. I get all three checks on the diagnostic. I dunno it will not let me go past putting in email and password with saying it is not running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Very frustrating.

things i have done.
1. Reinstalled
2. Did everything in user guide such as allowing RDP
3. installed older companion
4. Triple check service was running

500 Posts

August 1st, 2015 23:00

Thank you for reporting this issue. Something is blocking the program on your PC. We are looking into this.

Regards

500 Posts

August 5th, 2015 02:00

Are you running Google Talk on this PC?

145 Posts

August 12th, 2015 05:00

Can you give following details.

1. Are you on windows 7 32 or 64 bit?
2. Can you verify if there is any file called PocketCloudConfig.txt exist in \Wyse\PocketCloud Windows Companion\ folder?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

4 Posts

That text file is not there and I am running Windows 7 64-bit

4 Posts

Still did not work I added that .txt document and it still says it. I restarted the service and program. Still says service is not running even though it is.

4 Posts

i am experiencing the same problem at "jroth21"......desktop windows 7 enterpise won't recognize or accept my gmail email or password in the login box.....always say "log in failed". I have tried everything.....remove program / reinstall, run diagnostics (triple check said everything is fine). can't figure this out and it is very frustrating. Thanks.

4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post

Are you running Google Talk on this PC?

No I am running nothing other than Norton and I have tried with that off and I have done a lot of reinstalls as well as looking into firewalls for that and still nothing I cant figure it out it is running but says it is not

145 Posts

1. Can you create PocketCloudConfig.txt in " \Wyse\PocketCloud Windows Companion\" folder with below string. Restart the service.

{"Username":null,"ConnString":null,"TalkServer":nu ll,"TalkPort":null,"DialogHook":null,"VideoWidth": null,"VideoHeight":null,"VideoBitrate":null,"Audio Bitrate":null,"ControlPort":"27856","NotifyPort":" 27857","LoginTimeout":null,"VncPort":null}

2. Can you make sure the service is running successfully. If the service is not running it could be a .NET installation problem. Will debug after the above test.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

145 Posts

I would like to run a debug build on your system. This issue is not reproducible in our environment and need more information from debug logs. Can you please check your private messages in the forum.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

500 Posts

August 12th, 2015 06:00

Please contact Sarun. Send him a private message with your contact information

145 Posts

DK121,
"Login failed" could be a different issue than service is not running, Could you verify the following.
1. Can you login to gmail from your browser from the same machine?
2. Are you behind any corporate firewall? That means it blocks outgoing connections other than HTTP?

cgm01,
Your problem looks similar, I am working with Jroth21 and will update you asap. In meanwhile can you try if this issue happens in any other machine.

Sarun

Wyse PocketCloud Team

145 Posts

We resolved the issue of "PocketCloud service is not running" with jroth21. It will be fixed in the future build. If you are interested for a beta build, please do send me a private message in forum with your contact information.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

same problem

Hi!
I have the same problem: after entering gmail login data, program sais service is not running (though it is, if I check the services in administrative tools menu). I use Windows Vista 64bit.
Please tell me if you have a solution or if I can help you debug the problem.
Regards

1 Message

I too am having a similar problem. Message stating Wyse Pocket cloud is not running but appears to be started. have restarted server a few times but does not make any difference. I am running MS Vista.

623 Posts

I also had the same problem and here's what I did to fix it:
I am running on Windows 7 Enterprise, 64 bit.
1- Tried to connect using my credentials and got the message "Unable to Login"
2- I located the PocketCloudConfig,txt in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Wyse\PocketCloud Windows Companion directory and opened it using Notepad
3- Discovered that there was a different user name stored in the config file.
4- Right-Clicked on the PocketCloud Icon and selected "Exit"
5- Restarted PocketCloud Windows Companion and entered the credentials and was able to login.
6- Checked the config file and my credentials had been saved.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No Events found!