Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

August 5th, 2015 00:00

Security Concerns

Security Concerns

There should be a way to connect to VMWare View without having to store the username and password on the device. This is highly insecure as the username and password are stored in plain text in a sqlite db that is exposed to anyone who is able to root the device that it is on. This is also related to the need to be able to enter a seperate RSA username and Active Directory username with different passwords for each.

16 Posts

August 5th, 2015 00:00

Is it known when there might be a new version of Pocket Cloud and if this highly important security fix can be included? I'm trying to figure out if I should start looking in to trying to build my own client from the VMWare View Open Client or wait for a fix here. I have atleast one company currently looking at implementing Android as a enterprise mobile platform but a secure way to connect to VMWare View is a critical piece of this and currently this product does not meet that need.

200 Posts

August 10th, 2015 03:00

Thanks for bringing up your concerns. We will make password saving optional on subsequent versions. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

16 Posts

Any idea of an approximate date of the next release? Are these scheduled or just kind of whenever?

200 Posts

First part of December, the release will be packed with several new features and improvements. Thanks for your patience! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!