Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

AW

July 31st, 2015 01:00

Startup up problem on PC

Startup up problem on PC

Since I installed PocketCloud every morning when I boot the PC it says it needs to install TightVNC 2.0.2.

Hmm, I think that is the correct name. Anyway, if I go into Task Manager it shows the tvn server is already running. In fact, right now it shows two instances.

If I tell VNC to go ahead an install it asks for the passwords and then fails with an unknown error.

Of course installation fails. It's already installed.

How can I fix this?

PS This is on a Windows 7 64 bit Windows Home Premium machine.

925 Posts

Arizona,
Can you please make sure in your firewall settings- The following programs are enabled.
wysebrowser
tightvnc
pocketcloud service

Home premium- Manual RDP will not work. You will need to use vnc.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Updating on the situation.

Yesterday I thought that my virus program might be causing problems. I use Avast Internet Security. So I poked around in there and it was running the tvnserver in the sandbox. So I told it to quit that and let it run normally. This morning when I booted up the computer, it again said it needed to install the VNC. I cancelled and then checked the startup area and there was no icon for VNC! Previously there had been.

But, I went into Task Manager and it showed TightVNC sever was running. One instance.

So, on my Xoom I went to run PocketCloud and it didn't seem to work right then I saw on the Xoom forums there was a new version of Pocket Cloud. So I had the Xoom update it and then ran it and it connected to the PC!!
There still is no icon in the startup area but it seems to be working although I didn't test it to see how quickly it was responding. I had to do some other thing so I didn't have time to fool wiht it.

Which connection method is likely to give me the most responsive connection between the Xoom and the PC? Both are in the same house less than 50 ft apart connecting via my wireless network.

The PC is running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.

Should I use RDP ( What is that? Remote Desktop P? ) or VNC or ?

Are there any settings I need to enable / disable in my virus application or firewall?

925 Posts

Hi Arizona, Can you please quit the tvn server, Install again as a user with admin priveledge.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

OK, I did that. Redownloaded the tvn install file and ran the installation file as administrator. I'm the only user of the computer ( my owner has her own ) and it's in administrator mode all the time anyway.

Then tried PocketCloud. Running worse this morning than before. Extremely slow response times between tapping on the Xoom screen and the computer responding. Tried to play on PokerStars via the computer and couldn't even select a game to play in.
Windows kept jumping around. Took too long for screen taps to be registered. By the time the screen tap got to PokerStars the game was full.

Gave up in disgust.

Yesterday I could at least play although it was very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post
Hi Arizona, Can you please quit the tvn server, Install again as a user with admin priveledge.

August 4th, 2015 01:00

I have checked all those settings and it should be fine.
I also purchased the PocketCloud Pro.

But I still have the same thing happening.

When I cold boot the computer it says it needs to install VNC. There is no icon for it in the startup area but Task Manager shows TightVNCserver is runnng.

I can connect with PocketCloud ... no problem.

It's just an annoyance. But I would like to solve it.

Also you say that with Windows Home Premium I can't use RDP but if I type " Remote " in the search box it brings up Remote Desktop Connection and there is one place in the configuration where it say to save the RDP file!

Arizona,
Can you please make sure in your firewall settings- The following programs are enabled. 
wysebrowser
tightvnc
pocketcloud service

Home premium- Manual RDP will not work. You will need to use vnc.

500 Posts

August 6th, 2015 08:00

Arizona,
Something is conflicting with TightVNC on your PC.

You need to uninstall all VNC's running on your PC. Then uninstall PocketCloud Windows Companion
Reboot PC
Then install Windows Companion again. While installing it will install TightVNC for you. Just follow the instructions. It should fix this problem

To uninstall the program:
Start > Controll Panel > Uninstall all VNC's you'll see in the program list.

925 Posts

HI Arizona, If you right click on pocketcloud companion(kite) icon -click on troubleshoot, what does it say?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Arizona, you wont be able to use RDP on home premium edition.
The search returned the rdp client program.
RDP server component is what lets users connect to your box.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

If you right click on pocketcloud companion icon -click on troubleshoot, what does it say?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Okay, but is there anything I can do about the VNC wanting to install every time I boo up even though it is already running?

Arizona, you wont be able to use RDP on home premium edition. 
The search returned the rdp client program.
RDP server component is what lets users connect to your box.

August 7th, 2015 02:00

Well I tried this day before yesterday. Uninstalled and re-installed.
Then yesterday morning upon booting up I got the same ol' thing. 
It wants to install VNC but if I say ok and let it -- it fails.
Naturally, it's already installed and running.

So then I tried to manually install it. I ran the VNC install file and it wanted to install both the server and viewer.
So I let it.

But, didn't solve the issue.

It still does it every morning. Every cold boot actually.

This is on Windows Home Premium 64 bit.

Pocketcloud seems to work, although it's slower than I would expect.
It's mainly an annoyance with the thing popping up every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post
Arizona,
Something is conflicting with TightVNC on your PC.

You need to uninstall all VNC's running on your PC. Then uninstall PocketCloud Windows Companion
Reboot PC
Then install Windows Companion again. While installing it will install TightVNC for you. Just follow the instructions. It should fix this problem

To uninstall the program:
Start > Controll Panel > Uninstall all VNC's you'll see in the program list.

925 Posts

Arizona , Please run task manager on windows. do you see any duplicate or addeitional installation process running related to vnc or wyse... Please kill them and restart pc.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Vnc server works as application mode or service mode. There might be issue with the service. You can just try to stop service, And let the app run.
start-programs-tightvnc-tightvncserver-application mode.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Can you just stop the vnc service. control panel-right click on service and stop.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

It just put check marks in front of the 3 things it checked and listed the ip.

No Events found!