Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D2

August 1st, 2015 23:00

Success on Xoom / Honeycomb?

Success on Xoom / Honeycomb?

I'm trying to connect to my desktop at work (via cell and wifi) that requires VPN. I start up VPN, then try to connect to my desktop via PocketCloud. It says connecting for 2 or 3 minutes. Sometimes it will eventually give me a dialog that says "Could not connect to server" with an OK button, sometimes it just hangs.

I can connect from my laptop using the Xoom as a hotspot, just can't seem to get PocketCloud to work. Has anyone had success connecting on a Motorola Xoom, or on any Android 3.0 tablet?

500 Posts

August 4th, 2015 23:00

Hi,
Could you please check if NLA is enabled on your desktop? What OS is running on your desktop?

925 Posts

Dewey, Please update your android settings-vpn- add the vpn information there and then try connecting.
One more option, Just install pocketcloud companion (wyse website:http://www.wyse.com/products/softwar...id/index.asp)- 
you can use autoconnection now.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Are you doing a manual connection or autoconnection?
Are you connecting using vnc or rdp?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

lana

• NLA is not enabled, Win XP SP3

Suchitha

• I'm already using Android's native VPN connection...not sure what you mean here?
  • I was hoping to not have to rely on PocketCloud Companion, but I'll give it a go.

4 Posts

I am also using the Xoom and have downloaded the pro version as well as the wintdown 7 companion. I downloaded the Android solution to the phone then downloadd the windows companion, I then finished the "Sign in" and nothing appeared for "My Computers". I went to the manual set up and selected auto discovery and it takes me to settings and not sure if I am to do anything here. If I try to "sign in" again it earches forever and most times I quit. I have went to the user guide and went to the diagnostic option and recieved this. "An access denied error occured when configuring your remote desktop." 

PLEASE HELP. Like the concept of the porduct and have been a gotomypc user for years and can not believe this can be this tough. Please tell me where the GIANT ON button is! 

Thanks,
Brad

manual / rdp

4 Posts

August 6th, 2015 22:00

UPDATE: I installed with the auto find feature on my home PC running windows vista home premium and worked perfect so it works on Xoom but may be having issues with office (Windows 7 professional) computer and the security there. Any thoughts as to where to look?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post

I am also using the Xoom and have downloaded the pro version as well as the wintdown 7 companion. I downloaded the Android solution to the phone then downloadd the windows companion, I then finished the "Sign in" and nothing appeared for "My Computers". I went to the manual set up and selected auto discovery and it takes me to settings and not sure if I am to do anything here. If I try to "sign in" again it earches forever and most times I quit. I have went to the user guide and went to the diagnostic option and recieved this. "An access denied error occured when configuring your remote desktop." 

PLEASE HELP. Like the concept of the porduct and have been a gotomypc user for years and can not believe this can be this tough. Please tell me where the GIANT ON button is! 

Thanks,
Brad

August 6th, 2015 23:00

UPDATE: I was able to connect using the PocketCloud Companion installed on the target machine. The only downside is that the user must already be logged onto the machine so the companion will be running. Any way to get around this?

925 Posts

hi Dewet, The pocketcloud service needs to be running on the background and the agent logged into gmail service for autodiscovery to work.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi Brad, what is the status of companion on desktop? Have you used the same gmail address to login on desktop and device?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!